cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG C1 - Universal Remote Help etc.

MacmillaN
On our wavelength

I cannot figure out how to get my V6 working with the LG Magic Remote and I have managed to get my AppleTV 4k Working with the remote.

I am beginning to think the C1 series of TVs, Cannot work with the V6 as a remote.

Also, i used to the Auto Detect function for the Video output (it only selected 2160p setting is this correct.

Thanks for your time!

6 REPLIES 6

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @MacmillaN,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for an issues with this.

Can you please see this thread? Let me know how it goes.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks for the suggestion @Hayley_S

Although it appears that we WEB OS version on the LG C1 is different to the method stated within the forum post.

The LG 2021 TVs are running a  newer version of WEBOS 6.0 which has changed things quite dramatically from what i can tell.

Also, Any advice on the video out put settings on the V6, Auto Detect function only selects 2160p

Thanks for your time!

Thanks for coming back to us @MacmillaN.

The auto select on the v6 box will select the best video output for your TV but you can also add the other resolutions on by ticking the box yourself. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks Steven_L

I selected 2160p,2160p Pass-Through,1080p Pass-through and 1080I

Hi @MacmillaN, thanks a lot for your reply.

Although we can try and provide some advice, we're unable to support in full detail with any third party devices such as universal remotes I'm afraid.

It's possible that the remote isn't compatible with the V6 software, but have you contacted LG about this?

I'd recommend reading this thread from LG directly, as it may provide some answers as to why it's not working.

Many thanks

Tom_W

MacmillaN
On our wavelength

Hello Tom_W1

I managed to get the LG C1 Magic remote working with the V6.

Neither the default Virgin box or Ziggo method worked but when I manually input Tivo into the search box, and had to keep trying the candidate number until it was around the high 40's(Also i am sure you would know this but the V6 needs to be in line with the remote in order to pick up the inputs from the remote then it magically worked for me!

Hope this helps!