cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Known issue: Sky Sports Red Button Football

ModTeam

Hi,

we're aware of an issue affecting the Red Button feature on Sky Sports that may cause the wrong commentary to be heard across one or multiple Football games.

We're working on implementing a fix for this issue, however due to the complex nature of this fault it is unlikely to be resolved in the near future.

You may find that this issue reoccurs until the fault is resolved; we will however update this thread as soon as we have any update or an estimated fix date.

ModTeam

----------------------------------------------------------UPDATE----------------------------------------------------------------

The red button commentary issue should now be resolved.

12 REPLIES 12

Shaunday
Tuning in

This still hasn't been fixed  i am watching Coventry v Sheffield united and the commentary is of another game. Virgin get this fixed! Problems like this are making my future decision re supplier very easy.

SannyBay4
On our wavelength

The issue tonight is many people not able to get anything on the red button at all. It's not an issue with the commentary (well, it may be that too - but who knows while you can't get onto it in the first place).

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The problems (non functioning & wrong functioning) are down to background app coding issues. It is a Sky provided facility & VM have gone back to Sky to in order to resolve this. When it is fixed will be determined by how cooperative they are in doing so, being as VM are a competitor.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Marke2424
Tuning in

At last an acceptance this is an issue, but doesn’t sound like a fix is imminent unfortunately. I am currently watching Luton v Watford with the F1 commentary! I pay good money for Sky Sports, so I expect a decent service, which this isn’t. Please VM put you best technical minds on this and fix it quickly.

Thanks

MissWatford
Joining in

Why is there F1 commentry on when its the Watford v Luton game being shown on the red button 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MissWatford wrote:

Why is there F1 commentry on when its the Watford v Luton game being shown on the red button 

The Watford game was scheduled for the Red Button, but in the end was not shown. I tried to watch on the Sky Sports app, but this did not carry the game either.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

This problem was only on the V6/TiVo boxes - it was correct on the 360 this time.

But time it was fixed.

@Marke2424 wrote:

At last an acceptance this is an issue, but doesn’t sound like a fix is imminent unfortunately. I am currently watching Luton v Watford with the F1 commentary! I pay good money for Sky Sports, so I expect a decent service, which this isn’t. Please VM put you best technical minds on this and fix it quickly.

Thanks

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

The Watford game was on the VM Red Button - but carried the F1 commentary for many.

It was also on Sky Red Button - but correct there.

@nodrogd wrote:

@MissWatford wrote:

The Watford game was scheduled for the Red Button, but in the end was not shown. I tried to watch on the Sky Sports app, but this did not carry the game either.

@nodrogd wrote:

@MissWatford wrote:

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

MissWatford
Joining in

So are we going to get a reduction in our bills or an upgraded box foc seeing as one post advised the issue was on the older boxes, as we are paying good money for sky sports but not getting the full service.