cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kids tv

myaxley
Joining in

I have the maxit account which sees all the channels on the box, however this morning on the kids channels I have a message saying:- 

“ special treat- Please enjoy this channel throughout October on us! to continue watching from november pless the red button” 

Does this mean Ill lose the channels Im paying for?

When I press the red button it just says Im already subscribe which dont help. 

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FWIW, the Maxit bundle doesn't actually include the chargeable kids channels - only the FTA ones like CBBC, CBeebies & CITV

The chargeable kids channels are part of the Kids "Personal Pick". That said, I've got that add-on, and also get this popup. It probably means they're on a free-to-view period during October.

This doesn't have any impact on your subscription level.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey @myaxley,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on our forums.

As @japitts stated that this wont have any impact on your subscription levels once the current offer ends.

Regards,

Steven_L

myaxley
Joining in

Hey guys,

Thank you for your replies. Iv had Virgin for 4 years now with all the channels, never has it been said that those channels are not free, Iv always been under the impression that if you pay for the kids package then you get all channels.

As this seems to be incorrect, Ill be looking at cancelling the package as those channels my kids watch are what are going. Plus we can get them on other platforms. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There seems to be some confusion here.

Legacyy Full-House/XL packages included the kids channels, current Maxit only includes the FTV ones (CBBC etc) & the chargeable ones are now in the kids add-on.

Nothing has changed since last week and this free-to-view period doesn't mean your subscription either has changed or is going to. All channels that were in your package last week will still be included in November.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

myaxley
Joining in

Ill give them a call, as my package which iv checked is the maxit which iv always had and never paid for extra when it comes to kids channels. nor has it every been said that certain channels are different. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've a feeling Maxit has only been around for a couple of years, so at some stage I suspect you were on one of the legacy Full-House/XL bundles.

It still doesn't alter, that this free-to-view period has no impact whatsoever on your subscription level and what channels you receive.

You can check those channels on the TV guide at the bottom of this page including links to the personal picks.

Hi @myaxley

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Our KidsTV is now seperate unless included in your bundle in particular, have you managed to call and speak to the team since posting? They'll be able to look at adding this on permanently if this is something you need or they can review your package with you anyhow.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs