cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kids On-Demand Saying We Need To Upgrade To Watch

asha_bristol
Up to speed

Hi,

This last week when the kids try to watch any on-demand content from Cartoon Network / Nickelodeon a message appears saying we need to upgrade to watch.

We are on the Virgin VIP package so we are already paying for this content.

Out of interest I did click on the upgrade option and it said we are already subscribed (as kids tv is included as standard on our package), but we still can't watch any of the on demand content.

Please can you fix this bug asap.

Thanks

Pam

38 REPLIES 38

Agreed. I'm all for giving a bit of time to get things sorted but three weeks since I complained about an issue that was already long standing is a nonsense. 

Hi all,

I have been having this issue now since October. I have tried to ask for help using the technical support team via customer services. I tried to explain this isn't my issue its an issue within your own network as its the same on both of my boxes.

They removed the channels from my account and then re- added them again to see if it would clear the issue, but no such look.

Its now been escalated to 2nd line but had no update in weeks. 

As it stands the children's TV channels do not work when trying to watch through on demand, it just says I need to subscribe to watch

Virgin Media are still charging for these tv channels but are not providing the service. I would appreciate a detailed updated from VM on the situation.

Many thanks,

Scott.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Scottb255 wrote:

Virgin Media are still charging for these tv channels but are not providing the service. I would appreciate a detailed updated from VM on the situation.

If you're able to view the linear channels via your EPG, there is a strong argument that the service is being provided. Expecting a detailed update beyond "the teams are aware" is probably unrealistic.

I agree it's been going on for a while though, and I would hope it's sorted pronto for the sake of the kids holiday period.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Is there no fault logging system in place at VM? All we have at the moment are several people at VM who 'claim' to have escalated this issue but may in fact have done nothing whatsoever.

Even the forum staff (who are usually quite helpful) have been quiet. In the grand scheme of things this shouldn't be hard to fix.

Kr15py
Tuning in

Hi all

Do you know what?  It wouldn't surprise me if this problem has occurred due to the kids channel being made available to ALL subscribers during the half term. 

When it was then switched off/removed after the half-term freebie, somehow they switched off on demand on all accounts. Maybe this is what needs to be looked at.  I don't know how it works and I know we all get the TV channels, but maybe the in demand is a separate system. 

Just seem strange it's been going on since October which is when Half term freebie was that finished 06:00 on 31st.

Any update on this, two weeks on and we still can't access On Demand?

Kr15py
Tuning in

Hi all,

I have just come off the phone to the 2nd level team regarding this issue and I have been told that there is a team working to resolve this issue.   He said that it will be resolved by midnight on 22nd December, so on Friday we should be able to watch on demand content. 

If this is not the case come Friday I will be back on the phone to them once again, may I also ask if any of you are still experiencing this issue on Friday to do the same. 

The reason I ask this, is because when I called today I told them that everyone else was experiencing this problem.  However the guy on the phone disagreed with me, saying that if it was the case it was more than a few then virgin would be aware of the problem. It was after this 30 minute conversation, he offered to transfer my call to the 2nd level team.

So here's hoping we get a resolution and service returned on Friday. 

Good work. The amount of people posting on this thread is obvious evidence to the fact this isn't a one off issue relating to a particular box or account but is a generic problem affecting many of us.

Hi, I have the same issue and were told multiple times it will be resolved by <<insert random date few days from now>>.

Absolutely appalling customer service.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you click on  Check service-status  you can keep an eye on the fault and the estimated fix date and time.

From the same screen you can also register for service updates for the fault by either email or sms

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali