cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kids On-Demand Saying We Need To Upgrade To Watch

asha_bristol
Up to speed

Hi,

This last week when the kids try to watch any on-demand content from Cartoon Network / Nickelodeon a message appears saying we need to upgrade to watch.

We are on the Virgin VIP package so we are already paying for this content.

Out of interest I did click on the upgrade option and it said we are already subscribed (as kids tv is included as standard on our package), but we still can't watch any of the on demand content.

Please can you fix this bug asap.

Thanks

Pam

38 REPLIES 38

Hi - is there a fix for this yet? We have the same issue - it even shows us subscribed when I try the link but we still can't watch Kids TV on demand.  

This was officially registered as a fault by forum staff last week. No timescales were given on when this might get fixed though.

Hi squaretiger, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are unable to watch the On Demand. Can you confirm which of the kids channels are affected? - Chris. 

Hi asha_bristol, thanks for the reply. Can you confirm if you are still having issues with this and what programmes are affected for you? Do this happen all the time or certain times of the day. ^Chris. 

The issue is as per post #1 of this thread. It has still not been fixed.

Kids channels are OK via live TV but when trying to watch any of the channels via Kids > On Demand I get the error. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I know this was raised to the staff team via the VIP section of this forum - I still have the same issue on my V6 so have given the thread there a little poke.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi squaretiger,

and to anyone else facing the same issue, this is still being looked into and we are hoping to get this resolved ASAP, we thank you for your patients on this, in the meantime if you need any further help, please do not hesitate  to reach back out. 

Regards

Paul.

Kr15py
Tuning in

Hi 

We have been having the same issue and contacted virgin on 13th December and the agent was unaware of this problem.  He kept getting me to check over and over again even got me to reset the hub and v6 box. 

We have the Maxit package and pay the extra £5 on top for kids package.  We have young children who are upset that they can't watch what they want and do not understand when we try to explain it's a problem with virgin and not us. 

Seems like this has been going in for a long time now looking at the dates on this thread and it's appalling that all of us experiencing this issue seem to be getting fobbed off and are still expected to pay for a substandard package we can't fully utilise. 

This needs to be escalated further, as it is not acceptable by any means.  With us it only seems to be an issue with the kids package, so surely it can't be that hard to rectify. 

This was going on for a about 3 weeks before I reported it on here. I had hoped it would be sorted in that time but it has now been over two months. Maybe VM would like to refund us all for the service we are paying for but they are unable to provide?