Menu
daveoc
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Keep Recordings Until I Delete Setting Isn't Working

I have a V6 box upstairs and downstairs. On each one I have gone into settings, recordings and changed the keep to 'until I delete'. However this never works and everything I record comes up as keep until 'space needed'. I'm finding that some of the recordings are showing as to be deleted in 3-4 days after they are recorded. Neither box is full, both on around 5%. Am I doing something wrong or is it a fault with the V6 box?.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keep Recordings Until I Delete Setting Isn't Working

they won't be deleted just ignore the message

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

On my V6 and TiVo if I set the recording to 'keep until I delete' a little padlock symbol appears next to it.  Are you seeing the padlock?

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@daveoc wrote:

I have a V6 box upstairs and downstairs. On each one I have gone into settings, recordings and changed the keep to 'until I delete'. However this never works and everything I record comes up as keep until 'space needed'. I'm finding that some of the recordings are showing as to be deleted in 3-4 days after they are recorded. Neither box is full, both on around 5%. Am I doing something wrong or is it a fault with the V6 box?.

Also, if you've changed the overall settings on the box that will not apply to already existing Series Links, it'll only apply to new Series Links created from now on.  So if the recordings being made are from Series Links you've had setup for a while then they will still have the same "keep" setting (maybe "Until Space Needed").

You'd need to change the setting on each-and-every existing Series Link one-by-one.

That said, as dannylau pointed out, the recordings are very unlikely to be actually deleted anyway as you've got plenty of space.

Keith

Superuser1718.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@keithse wrote:

@daveoc wrote:

Also, if you've changed the overall settings on the box that will not apply to already existing Series Links, it'll only apply to new Series Links created from now on.  So if the recordings being made are from Series Links you've had setup for a while then they will still have the same "keep" setting (maybe "Until Space Needed").

You'd need to change the setting on each-and-every existing Series Link one-by-one.

That said, as dannylau pointed out, the recordings are very unlikely to be actually deleted anyway as you've got plenty of space.

Keith

Unless (and I've just thought of this) they have the maximum number of episodes to keep set low (I leave mine at 25 as the default)

Highlighted
daveoc
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'll keep my on this over the next few days/weeks and see if things settle down. Thanks for replies.

0 Kudos