Menu
Rojo_Habe
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just why should I keep my contratct after this?

Some time ago I cancelled my order for a V6 upgrade (back when there was still a £20 admin fee) because they emailed me on the morning of delivery to say they wouldn't be delivering, and picked a new date at random that didn't suit me.  As you can imagine, I was outraged by this, and cancelling was a bit of a knee-jerk reactionk, but I figured the upgrae was more in virgin's interest than mine, so whatever.

More recently, I learned that the upgrade is now completely free, and that the delivery can now be click & collect, so I tried again.  Nine days ago I received an email thanking me for my order and stating: "We'll confirm your delivery date ".

Today is delivery day.  No such confirmation ever arrived.  I did receive an email yesterday saying "Thanks for making those changes to your Virgin Media package." along with an invoice for £0.00 and a detail of what my package now comprises.  Thing is, I've received no package and therefore made no changes, and am now paying (admittedly no different than before) for a V6 box that I do not have.  How long before one of my Tivo boxes deactivates, or, worse still, my Super Hub 2 (or whateverthehell it's called) stops working because my account shows different equipment?

More to the point: the company has let me down in so many ways, not once, but twice in the last three months (and oh so many times before that).  Really, what's keeping me here?  Granted, the Internet (I refuse to use the word 'broadband' as it's become horribly abused in the last decade) is superior to anything else on sale in the UK, but as a loyal customer since the early nineteys, should I really have to contend with such contempt for the customer base?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just why should I keep my contratct after this?

Hi Rojo_Habe,

Thanks for your post on the Community and welcome. I'm sorry to hear that there's been a problem with your V6 delivery and that you haven't received it yet. Apologies also for the delay in responding here.

Since posting, have you been in touch with us so that we can book an installation for you in order to resolve this issue?

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos
Rojo_Habe
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Indeed I have been in touch!  Many times.

So far with this order, a total of three have been sent to me and returned to sender.  The first two appear to have been refused by the Collect Plus agent so the third was sent to my home, with an absolute promise that it would arrive on Monday just gone (12th Feb).  Not before, not after. 

I received a text on Monday, telling me they'd just sent a hit to my new box, so I called to confirm it would be definitely arriving on that day.  I was told it had been delayed till the 14th so I asked for the Yodel tracking number (since there was no evidence on my account that any order had been placed) and looked it up to discover that in fact it hadn't been delayed, but delivery had been attempted on the wrong day (Friday the 9th) and they'd sent it back saying it had been refused at the door.  I can tell you that at 1650 that day there was no such delivery attempt.

Each time, I receive zero notification about any of this; it seems to register as a successful delivery on your end and the case is closed.  Every time I ring back to find out what's happening I'm given incorrect information.

This time they're sending an Engineer on Friday AM (16th Feb), to take Yodel out of the equation.  I told them it absolutely has to be AM, as I won't be available from 1PM onwards.  I've just checked my account on the website and so far this appointment remains intact.

We'll see what happens...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Rojo_Habe and apologies again for the experience you've had when upgrading, it's not what we'd hoped for you.

I'm glad our advisors have taken action and arranged an engineer to visit, this way we can make sure it definitely arrives by eliminating a third party courier, and our engineer can make sure everything is working in tip-top order before leaving.

I'm sure everything will go as planned this time around, however you can feel free to drop us a line here if you need any further help.

Best,

Michael_JK
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Rojo_Habe
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just thought I'd drop you a quick update:

I got a call on Friday morning from a confused sounding repair tech wondering exactly what was required of him.  I explained the situation over a cup of coffee and now have my shiny new V6 box Smiley Happy

One small wrinkle: it won't load Netflix:

20180217_121422.jpg

The tech did say sometimes it can take 24 hours but it's been more than that now.  It's not a big issue as I have other avenues to watch Netflix, but if you could look into this I would be grateful.

Many thanks

John

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

Thanks for the update, I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your new V6 box.

If you've not already, I'd recommend rebooting the set top box and giving the Netflix application another go, if you're still getting this error after that, let us know and I'll do what I can to help.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Barolo
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for posting this, Rojo_Habe. I was considering ordering a V6 box to replace my Tivo which has never really worked efficiently, despite dozens of calls to VM. Your experience has completely put me off ordering one!

The sooner VM starts to appreciate its customers' loyalty, the better. Furthermore, their service would be so much improved if their operations and technical staff were based in the UK, as it used to be. 

Good luck with your dealings with Virgin Media. I wish you well. 

0 Kudos
Teflon_2
Dialled in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Are you by any using your superhub in modem mode? If you are, you will need to change it back to router mode for the initial install of Netflix - you can change back to router mode (and stay in router mode) once Netflix has loaded for the first time.

Cliff
0 Kudos
Rojo_Habe
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Craig, but rebooting is the first thing I think of in situations like this.

Turns out the super hub needs to be in full-on router mode (i.e. modem mode disabled) with the box connected to it (either by wifi or one of the super hub's LAN ports) in order for the Netflix app to make a secure connection.  Once it's connected the first time you can re-enable modem mode and go back to using your own router.  I do think a more verbose error message than " the app is loading, try again later" is needed here.

My problems haven't ended here, however.  Upon successfully managing to get the Netflix app to load, I found that, nine time out of ten, trying to actually play any content would result in complete loss of the HDMI signal, requiring me to press the Home button on the remote to get a picture back.  I discovered that plugging into the back ot the TV, rather than my AV receiver, it would work, and continue to work (at least temporarily) if I then plugged it back into the AV receiver.  I also noticed that, while going via the receiver, there would be a momentary flicker upon switch-on and very occasionally this would become a less-than-momentary unstable picture (requiring a switch off/switch on to fix - not a reboot, just off/on via the remote).  So now I have it plugged into the back of the telly, which comes with its own set of problems: there are now two audio handshakes going on, one between the box and the TV, and then another over the ARC back to the amp.  This results in a considerable delay before the audio can be heard, whenever you resume playback from pause or use fast-forward or rewind, amounting to several seconds.  Also, (only when plugged into the TV, not the amp), when playing a recording shortly after switching on, there'll be a flash of corruption a few seconds in, requiring a skip back to play it again (and having to wait for the audio to sync back in again Grrrr).

I did hear tell of some users experiencing HDCP problems when using an AV receiver, so maybe I'm falling foul of this.  The box is otherwise very speedy in operation, and I look forward to future firmware updates to hopefully alleviate these issues, and a future when HDR will be supported also (it currently is not).

0 Kudos
Tomuk21
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I had this problem with Netflix when I upgraded to V6, I changed my hdmi cable to a different import point on my Tv,problem was solved, no problems since. Give it a try.

VIP package,300mg broardband,home tetephone,virgin mobile contract.lg 55inc UHD tv
0 Kudos