cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just had a V6 Box Replaced and replacement box is not working properly since arrival.

cwatty
Tuning in

So I contacted Support last week via the online chat support because the Tivo V6 Box in the the main living room had developed the Green Screen of Death/Hard Drive Failure. Support were great in helping me on the occasion, telephoning me a few hours later and arranging to send out a replacement box.

I received the box the next day via Yodel Courier. When I opened the box I'll be honest and say my suspicions were it wasn't a 100% Brand New Box but maybe a second hand or re-conditioned box, there was no remote with it and no power adapter, so had to use the existing ones, lucky there was no fault with those. I swapped out the fault box for this replacement box, and setup and thought that was job done.

Now I don't watch TV in the main living room with the other members of the family. I have a separate V6 Box in my own room, where I also have my Broadband and PC setup. So I was surprised to be told this evening from my 72 year old Father who is the main watcher of the living room TV, that he's had nothing but picture break up, picture drop out and picture freezing on this box since we got it. He's tried rebooting it a couple of times to see if that would clear up the issue, but he says not and is getting really fed up now with the box and service.

Is it at all possible that I've received a faulty replacement box, or that there is some other reason why the living room TV is having such poor service? Especially when compared to my own Tivo Box in a different room where I'm still on the same box the engineer installed when we upgraded.

Can anyone from Virgin Media reach out to me and help resolve this issue?

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Community elder

Quickest way to prove the replacement box is faulty is to swap them around, you can always swap them back after that so you have your box back with your recordings.

If it is the box you can either give virgin a call or wait for a forum team member to respond which may be 2 to 3 days. If it's not the box then you will need an engineer.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Box replacements are usually done by tech visit not posting out so you've been lucky/unlucky even getting that far.

Picture breakup and pixellation usually means poor signal so as already suggested - try swapping the boxes around and check the fault follows the box move and doesn't stay with the cabling.

A refurbished box is pretty standard but they should be "as new".

You will likely need to report this as a new fault, regardless of whether (sounds likely) it's the box or if the cabling is the problem. The usual routes apply - call in for an urgent answer or wait here a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello cwatty.

Thanks for your post. 
Sorry to hear about the issue with your new V6 box pixelating.

I have just ran a quick check on this box and the signal strength coming in is very low
I can look into getting the signal levels fixed, We will need to send out an engineer this time.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello cwatty

Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for the pixelation – you can check the date and time via your online account here  If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment

Can you please let me know how the visit went.
Gareth_L

Hi Gareth_L firstly thanks for contacting me and setting up this engineer visit to hopefully resolve the issue. I have tried to check the date and time via my account online but I'm not seeing anything in there when I log in. I even select the option for Orders & Appointments and that just tells me I have nothing open currently. So could you please message me the date and time of my engineer call?

Hi there @cwatty 

I can see you have had a PM with Gareth if you just pop them another message they will be happy to take a look and confirm for you.

Thank you