cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jumping picture

Bill_W
Joining in

When watching live shows, my picture keeps jumping but the sound remains fine. 

I have restarted and rest the box but the problem persists. 

Any ideas? 

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have any problems with onDemand?

Are there any particular channel(s) this happens with?

What happens if you pause a live channel for a short time and watch delayed (even if only by a few seconds)?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Bill_W

Welcome to the community.  Sorry to hear that you're currently having issues with your TV picture. 

Some checks have been mentioned already by one of our awesome VIP's, but if you can run these checks and let me know if any of these helps resolve your issue. 

• Check all the cabling to and from the set top box, make sure they are all secure and tight. Should be the coax (white cable) and the HDMI cable at both ends. 
  • Can you confirm if the set top box is in a well ventilated area?
  • What channel(s) are you noticing the picture issues?
  • Do you see the picture issue when watching DVD's? If so, please try changing your HDMI cable. 
  • Please try rebooting both your router and set top box and let us know if the issue still persists. 
Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

I have done the checks and reboots asked and the problem persists. 

It seems to happen quite often on terrestrials channels and on recordings too. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Bill_W wrote:

It seems to happen quite often on terrestrials channels and on recordings too. 

If live TV is affected, the resultant recordings will be also.

Which terrestrial channels do you find are affected? It might help identify a pattern.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Good Evening @Bill_W, thanks for coming back to us.

I've looked into the set top box and this appears to be functioning as expected.

Have you attempted an alternative HDMI port on the TV, as well as a different cable?

We could also do with checking what resolution your V6 box is broadcasting at:
If you could press the 'home' button on the remote, then select 'Help and Settings' > 'Settings' > 'Video Output' > Advise of the number next to Video Output Format.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Earlier in the thread, I also asked whether OnDemand was affected. @Bill_W hasn't answered that.

Any HDMI issues would affect all output, regardless of source. So answering that will help ID whether this is a video output problem, or an issue with the source material.