cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It the Tivo V6 remote bluetooth?

g0nz0
Tuning in

Hello,

My Tivo V6 is place in a TV cupboard but the remote never works as I think it's on RF and not Bluetooth, is there a bluetooth option I can get to help with this?

I had SkyTV before and it was all Bluetooth.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It can be setup to be RF which works through walls or it can be setup as IR which needs line of sight.

As long as you have the correct remote you can pair it up via RF via the settings menu of the V6

How to I check it's on RF and if not change it to RF?

Thanks

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-pairing-tv-remote

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

That link only shows 'pairing' which is already do as I can use it if the cupboard door is open, I can't see the RF instructions.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pairing is the process to make the remote RF.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hmm must be paired then, but won't work when it's in the cupboard. If I open the cupboard it only works if I aim at it, if I use it pointing away from it with the door open it still doesn't work, only direct sight.

So....on step 3 I never get the green flashing lights on the remote, only red ones.

"Now hold the Info button on the remote down for 7 seconds. The light on the remote should flash green twice."

Fixed - Replaced batteries! Why I don't know as the previous ones were also new.

Hi @g0nz0

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am happy to hear this is now fixed for you 🙂

We are sorry for any inconvenience that may have been caused in the meantime. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide