Menu
UWDuckJuggler
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Issue with sound cutting out

This past week or so I’ve been having more and more issues with the audio cutting out on mainly the HD channels, it kinda sounds similar to when broadcasters cut audio when there is swearing before the watershed, but it happens every 20-30 seconds which is making watching anything unbearable at the moment!!!!

Ive tried.....

Rebooting the V6 box and router

Changing the HDMI leads and ports around

Rebooting the TV

And I’ve tried other sources on the TV (which all work fine)

The V6 is plugged in via a HDMI cable directly into the OneConnect box for my Samsung QE55Q7FNA

Any ideas? Cause it’s seriously stressing me out atm!! 

0 Kudos
UWDuckJuggler
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issue with sound cutting out

i did have a thought that it could be a HDCP issue because of how regularly it does it, but how to resolve that is a mystery to me 😳

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Take the OneConnect box out of the set up and see if connecting the V6 box directly to your TV make a difference.  If it does then it may be that the OneConnect box  is at fault.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos
UWDuckJuggler
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Not possible I’m afraid, the main selling point of this TV is that all of its connections are done on the OneConnect box which can be hidden away and then there’s only 1 tiny wire going up to the TV when mounted on a wall.

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It is a basic test procedure to eliminate obvious elements.
By taking the OneConnect out of the equation, it narrows down a possible cause.
If the fault goes away then the OneConnect box needs replacing, if the fault remains then it may be the V6 box.

Go your own way with one tiny wire and put up with the sound cutting out.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos
UWDuckJuggler
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It has nothing to do with me going one way or another, I literally can’t take the One Connect box out of the equation as it’s that that supplies the power and signals to the TV.

On a normal TV with power, HDMIs, aerial sockets etc on the back I would’ve tried what you’re suggesting first.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi UWDuckJuggler and welcome to the community,

We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing difficulties with audio drop-outs when using our V6 box. Apologies also for the delay in getting back to you over a busy period.

Having read over the thread I would recommend giving @michaeldavis' suggestion a go and removing any additional equipment just to narrow down the possibilities.

If this is still an issue for you I would it would be best getting in touch with our support team so one of the guys can take a look at things from our end and help from there.

You can reach the team on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or 0345 454 1111 from other phones. It's option 1 then 2.

Best,

Michael_JK
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Mattgt
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

mines doing this did you get a fix for it??!?!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting in touch Mattgt and sorry to hear you're having problems with your sound.

Are you connecting straight from your Virgin box to the TV or via another device? If you are, please could you remove the device and connect straight through the TV, so that we can narrow the issue down. 

If you aren't using any other device and are still having issues. I think you should get in touch with our support team so one of the guys can take a look at things from our side and help out that way. You can reach the team on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or 0345 454 1111 from other phones. It's option 1 then 2.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Mattgt
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

as with the original OP it's impossible to remove the One connect  as that is the device used to plug everything in..... the oneconnect is fine every other device I have works perfectly, also swapping the HDMI to different ports gives the same results this itself proves the oneconnect..... the problem is with the virgin broadcast

0 Kudos