cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with V6 Box

ManLikeTrev
Joining in
  • Hi everyone,

Left the room for an hour after watching TV I came back in and turned on my TV box and nothing would show I turned it off and back on again and the welcome screen loaded then after about 2-3 minutes it goes black and comes up with this?

Any suggestions?

Screenshot_2021-10-24-21-57-10-085_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A picture like that could potentially be a faulty HDMI lead, do you have another one you could try?

But you've mentioned about your V6 rebooting and not completing the boot sequence. That's a fault - try powering off at the mains for a dew minutes and retry starting up.

If it still fails, the box is probably faulty/dead and you'll need to report it.

150 from a VM phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Or you can wait on here for VM staff to respond which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yeah I've tried a different hdmi cable and does exactly the same.

But the welcome loading page is as clear as anything I'll call tomorrow and hopefully get it replaced. 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, ManLikeTrev,

japitts is correct with this but It does look like you've been able to speak with the care team.  Let us know if you need anything else.

Cheers,

Corey C