cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this remote control IR or RF? Photo below

RPB
On our wavelength

Hi all, is this remote control infra red or RF? 

IMG_4418.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
That's an IR only remote for the old V boxes. It's not designed for any of the current boxes, although will allow control of a TiVo or V6 box for basic functions.

It won't work with the 360 boxes at all.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
That's an IR only remote for the old V boxes. It's not designed for any of the current boxes, although will allow control of a TiVo or V6 box for basic functions.

It won't work with the 360 boxes at all.

RPB
On our wavelength

Thx BenMcr - my mum-in-law is 89 so kept this remote as she just cannot learn another and her eye sight is bad so can’t see the buttons properly. I am getting one of those ‘learning’ remotes with massive buttons so need the IR to teach the new remote from.

I did get what I thought was a ‘high contrast’ Virgin Remote control however it was nothing like I thought it would be and is still all black! She cannot make out the buttons from all of the black background. I thought the plastic would be silver with black buttons or something. 

Thanks 👍🏻

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RPB wrote:

I am getting one of those ‘learning’ remotes with massive buttons so need the IR to teach the new remote from.

You may find that the remote has 'Virgin Media' in as a control set to use already which will use the same IR set as that remote.