cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to download shows to watch on my mobile?

ColinWalton
On our wavelength

I would like to download some shows so that I can watch them on my laptop or phone.

Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ColinWalton wrote:

Although I get alerts on all my recordings saying "Streaming not permitted - this programme can only be watched whilst you are connected to your home network.

So when I am anywhere other than at home it won't work live.

That's as per design. The licencing conditions on your TV package allow recording & in-home streaming at your registered address only - this is enforced by the IP address check that causes this error. TV Control does allow some downloads for offline viewing - but as you've found, not all.

The TV Go app allows llive-streaming of channels whilst away from home.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

NinjaMeerkat
Fibre optic

No

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes.

Using the TV Control app, you can download recorded programmes while you are at home, for away-from-home/offline viewing.

It won't work for all channels/programmes, but for many it does.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks that's a good suggestion.

Although I get alerts on all my recordings saying "Streaming not permitted - this programme can only be watched whilst you are connected to your home network.

I can see the download button but for all except one of my recordings they cannot be downloaded.

What a shame!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ColinWalton wrote:

That's as per design. The licencing conditions on your TV package allow recording & in-home streaming at your registered address only - this is enforced by the IP address check that causes this error. TV Control does allow some downloads for offline viewing - but as you've found, not all.

The TV Go app allows llive-streaming of channels whilst away from home.

Thank you! yes this seems to work for some programmes.

Will see how it goes when I am away from the UK.

Thanks