cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet

Yogesh29
Joining in

Anyone can explain or share  a  limelight,  why virginmedia is enthused in expanding there Broadband speed from 1 Gegabytes to 2 Gegabytes.  At one point virginmedia had 500 megabytes and I thought that was sufficient speed. Whats the point if it goes down as it does, frequently no amount of speed will help to retrieve it back. They will have to resolve it by checking the problem out and sort it out. 

Instead of concentrating on high speed Broadband service,  virginmedia should be concentrating on getting extra channels ie, Wion news, That's TV gold music, court TV,  Disney plus App, Peacock App, Roku App.  Like Sky, virginmedia should   launch  or add any new channels as and when they are available or come out. Sky also got or launched two of there own channel, sky showcase and max, which were added to other platforms.  Virginmedia should take similar examples from Sky.

I also read virginmedia haven't got All5 and My5 in new tivo 360. So whats the point in developing this new feature.  Many customers who would be following series , would lose those two Apps. I don't think they thought the plan though before they developed and tested. 

Finally, does anyone know if or when are going to bring Peacock or Disney Plus Apps. 

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you've got problems with your VM broadband, I'd recommend starting a post in the broadband forum explaining what's happening, and the regulars in there will help.

@Yogesh29 wrote:

I also read virginmedia haven't got All5 and My5 in new tivo 360. So whats the point in developing this new feature.  Many customers who would be following series , would lose those two Apps. I don't think they thought the plan though before they developed and tested. 

I presume you're referring to My5 & All-4 streaming apps, in which case you're correct to believe All-4 is not currently available on the 360 platform. 360 & TiVo are completely different systems, and there's no such thing as "tivo 360". The TiVo-platform, which drives TiVo & V6 boxes, supports both of these apps, while the 360 platform currently only supports My5 but has the same Channel-4 OnDemand content as any other box.

There's been a hint that the new app will be available on 360 from later in October, however I'll believe the timescales when it actually happens.

@Yogesh29 wrote:

Finally, does anyone know if or when are going to bring Peacock or Disney Plus Apps. 

Disney+, I'm sure is on VM's "to-do" list, but there's currently no news. New apps & channels tend not to be announced until they're actually live.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks