cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent stutter on some channels ITV and BBC1 mainly

Joe_N
Tuning in

Noticed slight but noticeable stutter, video freezes and audio cuts out for very short interval (maybe 10s of milliseconds) but every 30 seconds or so for 2-3 mins with a 5 to 20 minute period of stability.

Noticed on ITV yesterday in the evening and this morning between 11am and midday, have tried switching v6 box on/ off using online advice. Also performed a reset from home menu, issue still persists.

Verified that this problem was not seen when watching equivalent freeview HD channels on same TV. TV is a Samsung 7000 series UHD TV Using 2160p setting on V6.

42 REPLIES 42

Nothing reported according to 0800 5610061, very long wait on the phone not sure it is worth trying. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There doesn't seem to be any obvious pattern so far. HD/SD, particular network head-ends or regions.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Jevans11
Joining in

Hi all.

This is my first post here, Im sort of relieved to find this post after having issues trying to watch the rugby on our virgin box. We have 2 boxes in the house, same stuttering/pixelation/audio loss issues on both boxes.

This is the first time we have had this issue. Online fault checker came back with no issues

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried watching the rugby on 108 HD, or 861, 862, 863, 864 or on the iPlayer?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

We have tried iPlayer, no issues there.

Currently trying 864. The issues were on 101.

Jevans11
Joining in

Currently watching 864. Thrre are some very infrequent, and milder issues with pixelation but no noticeable sound issues.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jevans11 wrote:

Currently watching 864. Thrre are some very infrequent, and milder issues with pixelation but no noticeable sound issues.

I wouldn't bet against your box having signal issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey @Joe_N

Welcome back to the community and thanks for your post.

We did have an issue with BBC HD channels over the weekend with stuttering pictures but this should have been resolved by now. 

Is this still happening for you at the moment?

Regards

Steven_L

Now on BBC HD.

Seemed to have been resolved on Sunday but BBC HD is now having the same issue.