Menu
thomrom
Joining in
Message 41 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent sound on Btsport 4K

I am having the same problem, I thought it might have been my sound bar but the sound is the same through my tv.

I only record football on bt sport uhd so i've only just noticed this happen on Saturdays recording but I never had any issues with any recordings last season!

Jaolchhu4
Joining in
Message 42 of 58
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same issue. I’ve changed My audio setting from Dolby to pcm but to no avail. Googling the issue it looks like BT customers had a similar issue themselves in 2017. I’ve never had an issue with recording the various BT Sports channels previously and given we are paying extra for the privilege of accessing these channels I hope Virgin tackle Bt about it.

0 Kudos
Rupe76
Tuning in
Message 43 of 58
Flag for a moderator

This is good guys, the more information we have the easier it is to track the fault.  

So far we know:

It's something to do with recording from the channel

Replacing the box doesn't fix it

It didn't happen last football season

I for one only record one thing at once, where the box can record/use six tuners, right?  So, I don't think it's incoming bandwidth or something out of scope of the tuner.  It could be latency on the drive, so write speed on the drive or throughput on the controller not keeping up with the amount of data UHD is throwing at it.  None of us seem to lose picture, just sound, so are Virgin using a new/different MPLS or setting, or have they moved away from MPLS to old fashioned straight packet transmission (not sure why you would though)?  Packet loss through an MPLS should lose the whole packet, not just the sound element, as it doesn't "know" what it's transmitting.  Or, conversely, have they moved to MPLS and the chip in the box can't decode then write out fast enough?  Switched from TLS 1.2 to UDP maybe, to keep up with the larger amount of data transfer ("I'm sending a thing" "OK" Have you got the thing?" "Yeah." vs "throwing a ball and hoping someone catches it" which is much faster but less accurate)?

Spitballing, but if something works (i.e. the football last year), you change something and it doesn't, go back to the thing you changed and check it out.

Jaolchhu4
Joining in
Message 44 of 58
Flag for a moderator

I used to record three champions league games contemporaneously last season on BT Sport HD with no issue at all in terms of sound or picture quality. 

I’ve recorded fine from BBC1 HD and ITV1 since the weekend. 

Jaolchhu4
Joining in
Message 45 of 58
Flag for a moderator

I’ve changed my series link from BTUHD to BT Sport 1HD so will if there is any difference for the Arsenal v Burnley game this coming Saturday.

E2Royal
Tuning in
Message 46 of 58
Flag for a moderator

dannylou

You say you had no sound problems; Were you watching LIVE or were you watching delayed or a recording.

Live is fine.
Message 47 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Hi All, 

Thanks for contacting us over the Virgin Media Community although we're sorry to hear that you're having some issues with the sound on recordings for the BT Sport UHD channel. 

We've investigated this with our support team and this fault has been raised under the reference F007309920. 

This should only affect recordings from the UHD channel; Live TV streams and other BT Sport channels are unaffected.

Thanks for your continued patience whilst we get this resolved. 

Mod Team 

haystack1954
Tuning in
Message 48 of 58
Flag for a moderator

@ModTeam wrote:

Hi All, 

Thanks for contacting us over the Virgin Media Community although we're sorry to hear that you're having some issues with the sound on recordings for the BT Sport UHD channel. 

We've investigated this with our support team and this fault has been raised under the reference F007309920. 

This should only affect recordings from the UHD channel; Live TV streams and other BT Sport channels are unaffected.

Thanks for your continued patience whilst we get this resolved. 

Mod Team 

This problem does affect live streaming. If you pause the live streaming and then press the play button to start watching again, the sound problem is there. To overcome this you have to fast forward to the real time live streaming - which means you miss viewing part of the program.

Richardr1
Tuning in
Message 49 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Just to add my name as someone affected by this. I haven't got a 4k TV, but use the 4k channel for the better picture. I usually watch the football live, and have no problems, but watching the recording from Saturday shows the issues mentioned in this thread. I will use the HD channels in the short term, as I don't always watch live, and do occasionally wish to pause, even if watching mainly live.

andycable33
Tuning in
Message 50 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Just watching the footy on bt sports uhd..audio stuttering Seems even worse than usual on live pause.. Virgin v6 box.. Is the ever going to be sorted?