Menu
fredtheted
Superfast
Message 31 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent sound on Btsport 4K

Same sound problems here, on live TVs and recording.

0 Kudos
clayts450
On our wavelength
Message 32 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Same issue on recording of West Ham vs City (shhh, don't tell me the score), same as recording of Community Shield last week. No issue on National League game recording though (not sure that was Atmos though ?)

Seems to be audio related issue with the V6 - the AVR has a little blue light to confirm an Atmos signal is present and this is constant even during the interruptions to the audio feed, so I suspect it is something in the hardware of the V6 rendering it incapable of passing the signal along to AVR/TV consistently.

Onkyo TX-NR646 AVR suggests a mixed feed of Atmos and DD+
Panasonic TX-CR852 TV

0 Kudos
Rupe76
Tuning in
Message 33 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Same issue, same program.

0 Kudos
Rupe76
Tuning in
Message 34 of 58
Flag for a moderator

I want to watch Speedway, MotoGP and the football, and don't have two hours to spare during the day because of kids.  

If I record them I get a good picture but sound that stutters constantly, making everything totally unlistenable.  

Recorded the City game on BT Sport Ultimate Live, utterly pointless.  Extremely disappointed.

0 Kudos
SPR
Tuning in
Message 35 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Add another to the list.

Perfect picture but audio breakup.

Does it on buffered playback too (i.e. live but rewound rather than from recording)

Ryan2705
Joining in
Message 36 of 58
Flag for a moderator

I've had the same issue with recordings on BTsportuhd channels. Works fine when watching live and the standard HD recordings.

Rupe76
Tuning in
Message 37 of 58
Flag for a moderator

A couple of my posts have been deleted, so someone's reading this thread.  Please resolve the issue.

andycable33
Tuning in
Message 38 of 58
Flag for a moderator

I do hope someone is not trying to shut us down...This audio fault is a real issue and BT Sports need to up their game..soon!

0 Kudos
Rupe76
Tuning in
Message 39 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Hey Virgin,

Why don't you stick an SSD with a high read/write speed in V6 box and tell us what happens?

I wonder if the HDD or its controller can't keep up with the amount of data UHD throws at it, so it drops the audio channel to ensure the headline grabbing picture keeps recording?

What are the specs please, in m/s?  

Superuser
Superuser
Message 40 of 58
Flag for a moderator

SSDs are not really suited for continuous recording, no sound drop out on BT sport UHD for me