Menu
jstepney
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent sound on Btsport 4K

Here's how my recording of last night's Motherwell v Morton match went. I started watching the recording when the game was still in progress.

Fast forwarded to start of programme. Watched about 10 minutes of the chat amongst the presenters. No sound drop-outs!

Fast forwarded to start of commentary for team announcements. Quite lengthy drop-outs.

Fast forwarded to just past first goal, rewound to before goal then watched goal. Drop-outs made commentary very difficult to follow.

Ditto for second, third and fourth goals.

Fast forwarded until recording caught up with live programme. No problems with sound from that point on.

Unfortunately, the issue has not been fixed. I wonder if the recording would have been okay if I had just watched the whole game without the fast forwarding and rewinding. I haven't got time to try doing that, but maybe someone else did.

0 Kudos
haystack1954
Tuning in
Message 12 of 58
Flag for a moderator

I recorded the British Final speedway live on BT sport UHD tonight and when I played it back the sound was intermittently dropping out.

This happened last time I recorded speedway live on the IHD channel. If I record speedway on the BT sport HD it is okay.

Unfortunately BT Sport does not show the program again in UHD. So I'm unable to record a 'repeat' program to see if there is still a sound drop out. I doubt it would as I've recorded 'non-live' UHD programs without any problems with sound.

Has anyone found the answer to this issue?

0 Kudos
andrewyeomans
Tuning in
Message 13 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Just tried watching the recording of last nights final and as haystack1954 has commented there were sound dropouts throughout the program and it’s totally unwatchable. It’s still occurring in exactly the same places on both boxes so it’s definitely not box specific like a hard drive or setting problem. Total waste of a good channel as it can’t recorded and I’m not always able to watch it live. Also doesn’t bode well for any new UHD channels that are rumoured to be coming and if it stays like it then it’s definitely a deal breaker for me and I won’t be renewing my contract when it’s due if it’s not fixed. I pay good money to virgin but I’m not paying for something I can’t watch. 

0 Kudos
E2Royal
Tuning in
Message 14 of 58
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same problem with BT Sport 4K, intermittent sound on both of my V6 boxes. Viewing live works fine but paused or playback of recordings is terrible. Calling the support centre was a waste of time as the guy I spoke to could not understand the problem and thought it was my problem!

Is there a way to escalate this issue?

ozsat
Wise owl
Message 15 of 58
Flag for a moderator

VM are aware even if their TS team are not - they even have a fault open.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
ChrisGT
Joining in
Message 16 of 58
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same problem on BTSport 4K.

0 Kudos
andycable33
Tuning in
Message 17 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Sony BRAVIA KD55XG81

Yamaha RX-V485

Virgin Tivo V6

Same problems here.Boxing last night on BTSPORTS UHD..recording audio stuttered,on live pause same..stuttering..However...watching live is ok ,though. Are Virgin aware?is anything going to be done?..very annoying..have to watch btsports uhd live now if I dont want sound issues!"!

0 Kudos
iantos
Tuning in
Message 18 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same. Watching a recording of today’s Community Shield on BT channel 531 ( 4K UHD ). Either no sound or distorted sound.

haystack1954
Tuning in
Message 19 of 58
Flag for a moderator

@ozsat wrote:

VM are aware even if their TS team are not - they even have a fault open.

Can you expand on your statement please?

When & how were VM made aware of this issue and who would you contact to find out if they have diagnosed the fault?

mpatric
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 58
Flag for a moderator

This is happening to me too, and someone else reported it as well here yesterday in this thread - two more voices to add to this issue. My recording of the Community Shield yesterday on my V6 box was unwatchable due to the sound issues. I ended up watching with it muted 😞