Menu
Tdwyer
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Info banner interfering with TV watching

Every time a program starts or ends a recording, the info banner flashes up on my screen even though I may be watching on a different channel.  It is only a couple of seconds but it cuts out dialogue and annoys me greatly,

I complained about this years ago with my old Tivo box and was told that nothing can be done, everybody has it and I was the only one who complained. Unbelievable! It is clearly a design fault in the software and should be addressed.

I have now got a new Tivo6 box and was hoping the problem would disappear, but no, it is right there as usual.

Is it really true that everybody has this fault to put up with?  Is there a cure? (I heard that pressing Clear will stop it but who wants to do that every time it happens?)

Virginmedia should never have allowed this to happen in the first place.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Info banner interfering with TV watching

I've never seen that

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Super solver
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi This is certainly not normal, and I also have never seen it. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I only see this if I am watching Live a channel that is also set to record what I am watching.

0 Kudos
deans6571
Super solver
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Ernie_Cwrote:

I only see this if I am watching Live a channel that is also set to record what I am watching.

...agreed - I only get this if watching the channel that is set to record. i.e If I am watching EastEnders and it then starts to record, the Info banner will flash up on the screen briefly.

Like the others, I have never seen this when watching a different channel to the one which is recording.....

Ranger88
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem! My Tivo box was supplied to replaace a V6 that had failed. The Tivo may have more tuners, and more hours of available recording time, but, compared with thenV^ it is a pain in the B.....

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Super solver
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's not a problem, the info banner is working as it should. Just watch the recording instead of the live programme.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
0 Kudos
Ranger88
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that, Roger. Now how do I stop the damned banner from appearing when there is no recording set or scheduled?

0 Kudos