cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info Banner

Zipgoesamillion
Joining in

New tv connected to box, no aerial.  The info banner initially appeared for the first few weeks but has now disappeared.  It now says “Title not available”.  I don’t want to lose my recordings or series links, if avoidable.  Other boxes in the house are ok.  Do I need to add an Ethernet cable between tv and box to add the page info?

20 REPLIES 20

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Something a little odd about this. C230 is a TiVo error code for loss of specific Internet links, but should have no impact on live TV.

Also recording hiccups doesn't usually give an error code by itself but a one-line reason also.

Is your box's TV Guide populated? That would be one of the more obvious casualties of a V6 with no internet connection - with obvious consequences for scheduled recordings.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Not populated at all.  Just says alongside each channel “to be announced”.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Zipgoesamillion

Thank you for coming back to us.

As a few days have passed since your last post please can you advise if the issues is still ongoing?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Still the same problem. No banner, no info, no listings, not recording.  The V6 box shows to the left of the red/white line two flashing arrows pointing in opposite directions.

I have channels and sound but little else.

Perhaps there is a problem with the box?

Help please,

Still the same problem. No banner, no info, no listings, not recording. The V6 box shows to the left of the red/white line two flashing arrows pointing in opposite directions.

I have channels and sound but little else.

Perhaps there is a problem with the box?

Help please,

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Zipgoesamillion wrote:

Not populated at all.  Just says alongside each channel “to be announced”.

That has all the symptoms of a V6 with no Internet connection.

How is your V6 connected to your home-hub, is it Ethernet cable or wireless?

Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and report what's shown in the top-right please... including wireless signal strength if appropriate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I have spoken with Virgin and have a technician/engineer calling tomorrow.  Hopefully it will be sorted.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That's fair enough, but there's a good chance we could resolve some of your issues through this forum with a little self-help. The C230 & connectivity one especially, is very likely an easy fix with a small amount of time on your part.

Hi @Zipgoesamillion

Sorry to hear you've had issues with your V6. You mentioned you had a technician, did everything get resolved for you after they visited?

All the best, 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Yes problem solved.  Box running properly.