Menu
Ryan__sheppard
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Incomplete set up

I have just had a new install with the v6 box upstairs so I can link downstairs to it as part of a sweetener to keep me as a customer, now I'm being told I can't link them as the downstairs box Is an old tevo box (wasn't mentioned) so the deal to stay isn't so appealing! 

Just been told it will now cost me another £99, and you wonder why people leave?

I now have the whole set up apart for the addition box, so please can one be sent free of charge or I will have to reconsider my leaving options. 

If I was a new customer I would receive one of these so how about you look after your loyal customers that have been with you for nearly 10yrs. Or does that mean nothing to you guys?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incomplete set up

You can do what you want but you have to connect your old TiVo to your Superhub home network, as well as its existing cable co-ax connection.

As TiVo does not have WiFi, this additional connection must be made by Ethernet. If the TiVo is close to your Superhub, you just need an Ethernet cable, otherwise you would need to make the connection over powerline adapters.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Ryan__sheppard
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I already have it set up like that, and have been told I need the same boxes, I have changed all the settings and still no option, I want to watches things from downstairs on the upstairs boc

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Clearly a Tivo and V6 can share programmes when connected correctly - tens of thousands of customers do it.I f you have it set up correctly and it isnt working then call back and politely insist that a technician comes out to fix the issue at no charge as their equipment isn't working as it should.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos