cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITVHub not playing any programme after 9pm?

KMcDaniel
Joining in

Using v6 box, Itv Hub plays programmes normally but this week they do not start after 9pm.  Affects all programmes, reseting the app makes no difference and all works using itvhub on a PC.  Any ideas as iPlayer and all other TV functions are ok?

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly, references to the "ITV Hub" could mean one of two things, let's check which you mean..

1: The ITV-branded streaming app, accessed via the apps menu. Or....

2: Any ITV OnDemand programme, accessed from the V6 EPG/menus, but happens to have "ITV Hub" branding on it.

Can you also explain what you mean by "they do not start after 9pm"? Are you saying that the service works fine, but fails after 9pm? If so, how? - what happens? Do you get any error codes/messages?

If you mean scenario "1" above, then do other OnDemand/streaming services still work? If you mean scenario "2", then all OnDemand programmes use the same tech platform - so fo programmes from, say, Channel 4 still work? If one VoD programme fails to work, then all should fail to work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for checking.  I mean the itvhub app accessed via the Apps menu.  The failure without any messages is simply the selected programme does not play when highlighted and OK is pressed.  This only happens after 9pm, works before  affects any listed programme.  Iplayer and netflix work ok.  Any ideas welcome. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In that case, unfortunately you may need to direct your query at ITV, for it's their app. Your V6 boxes provides the front-end & the network connectivity, but ultimately it's ITV's system and VM limited in what can be done.

You can prove that the problem is specific to the ITV-app, by perhaps...

Using other OnDemand services (directly from the VM EPG or menu) and thus proving the box's internet connection. You might well find the programme you want, is available this way.

Using other streaming apps (YouTube, iPlayer, All-4 etc) and thus proving other apps work

Finding the same programme on ITV's own website, and proving the issue is the V6-app.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @KMcDaniel,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue this issue with your ITV hub. We want to do our best to help resolve this. Was the great advise given by @japitts helpful? Does the issue persist?

Many thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

If you know what shows you want to watch an app is an inferior way to do so, it's better is to record them (tip: use a Series Link+).

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection