Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITV hub won't play programs

mollie2015
Joining in

ITV hub won't play programs.

Software version 20.10.1.RC21-VMB-11C68

V6 box, tried swapping hdmi sockets no luck, help!!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you refer to the ITV Hub, do you mean the ITV-branded app? Or do you mean ITV OnDemand programmes that are just branded as "ITV Hub"?

Are you getting any error messages? Can you view other OnDemand programmes?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you refer to the ITV Hub, do you mean the ITV-branded app? Or do you mean ITV OnDemand programmes that are just branded as "ITV Hub"?

Are you getting any error messages? Can you view other OnDemand programmes?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

mollie2015
Joining in

Here again, got the ITV hub to work, but wanted to binge watch Finding Alice, and the Bay, but I only have 1 episode only of each, how do I get my he rest?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mollie2015 

I've merged your posts together to keep things a little easier 🙂

Great you've got your issue sorted, but for the benefit of others reading it with a similar problem, as well as others helping... are you able to say what you did?

Also... are you using the ITV-branded app? Or the Virgin OnDemand (that happens to have ITV branding within it) programmes? That makes a difference to your latest question 😉

mollie2015
Joining in

How I got the ITV hub working, I'm not sure, I swapped the hdmi cable over to another port that didn't work, turned it off, tried again the following day and it worked???

I'm my virgin v6 box to access, catch up, channels, then ITV hub.

mollie2015
Joining in

Hi R1cccy

I hope your having better luck with your issues with Virgin, I'm just totally lost now, Im loosing the will to live, I have been asked the question below

'When you refer to the ITV Hub, do you mean the ITV-branded app? Or do you mean ITV OnDemand programmes that are just branded as "ITV Hub"?

It's the ITV hub on virgins home page, I choose catch up, then channels, then ITV hub, is that how your trying to access itv hub? or am I doing something wrong.

I'll give it one more chance and if no luck Virgin's out and Sky's in.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

One of the difficulties with trying to resolve this is that (and you can thank the marketing sorts for it) "ITV Hub" can mean a couple of things, so once we've worked out what you're trying to do, we can then assist with helping fix your issues.

I now understand you're using the standard OnDemand platform, that happens to have "ITV Hub" branding all over it. Not the same as the "ITV Hub" app.

Next up, what's happening when you try to watch an ITV OnDemand programme? I did ask in a previous post, but I don't think you've said? An error message or number would be what I'm hoping for here.

The more information you can give, the more the chance that we can help you resolve this and get your services working 😉

Hi, many thanks for your help, what I'm trying to do is binge watch all episodes of 'Finding Alice' and 'The Bay' but there is now one episode each, where are the rest ?, apparently it is advertised that all episodes are ready to watch. What am I doing wrong.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ah.... we're getting somewhere now 🙂

The programmes you're trying to watch haven't been broadcast yet, and so aren't on Virgin CatchUp.

ITV put the entire series on their app after the first one has been broadcast, but you need to be specifically using the "ITV Hub" app NOT the "ITV Hub" link in the CatchUp menu. Like I said, when broadcasters give different systems the same name, it doesn't help anyone trying to use it, or anyone trying to help those users..... BBC & C4 both do a similar thing with their apps, it's not an ITV or Virgin thing.

You should have the app if you choose Home > Apps > All apps > "ITV Hub".