cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wish the On Demand interface was better

barcode00
On our wavelength

I wish the On Demand interface was better, particularly when playing content.

My major annoyances are:

• No preview when moving forward or backwards (you have to guess when to press play)
  • No subtitles available (movies)
  • No 'quick skip' back or forward (e.g. 15 seconds)

Please correct me if I am wrong about any of the above.

Are improvements ever made to the interface of the V6 box or are the features set in stone for the type of box you have?

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@barcode00 wrote:
  • No preview when moving forward or backwards (you have to guess when to press play)

This is a feature of the current IP-VOD platform, and was extensively discussed at the time of the move from the former system.

@barcode00 wrote:
  • No subtitles available (movies)

Until quite recently, IP-VOD didn't offer subtitles at all. Last time I checked, C5 & increasing amounts of Sky-content was now offering subtitles. The VoD platform is certainly capable of carrying subtitles if the broadcaster provides them.

@barcode00 wrote:
  • No 'quick skip' back or forward (e.g. 15 seconds)

The exact same 10-second back & 30-second forward is available on VoD as is available on recorded or paused/delayed programmes.

@barcode00 wrote:

Are improvements ever made to the interface of the V6 box or are the features set in stone for the type of box you have?

All of VM's development focus is now on the TV360 platform, while the TiVo/V6 is considered a stable & mature platform. I dare say legal & regulatory features could be added, and major bug-fixes could possibly be attended to - but for the most part now, what you see is what you get.

Considering that TiVo/V6 is now ringfenced and no longer sold to new customers, this position seems entirely reasonable.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks