cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have the Mix TV package but I can't get Sky Arts - Ch 165

baradavies
Joining in

I have the Mix TV package and I believe I should be able to access Sky Arts - on Ch 165, but my tv won't allow me to enter Ch 165.

What can I do to fix this?

I have no idea if I have chosen the right "board" - it is just re normal TV package.

19 REPLIES 19

You could be right - I had no idea I was using the wrong remote - but I have found another which has the Virgin Media symbol on it.  I have been using a Samsung remote.

However, I have replaced the batteries in the VM remote, it is still not registering with the TV.  Do you know is there something I need to do to link it to the TV?

(Shame about the outage - maybe I could wait until that is sorted?)

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @baradavies 

The following pages show how to set up your V6  remote

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/not-working-v6 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@baradavies wrote:

You could be right - I had no idea I was using the wrong remote - but I have found another which has the Virgin Media symbol on it.  I have been using a Samsung remote.

However, I have replaced the batteries in the VM remote, it is still not registering with the TV.  Do you know is there something I need to do to link it to the TV?

(Shame about the outage - maybe I could wait until that is sorted?)

I suspect that your TV is currently only showing the digital channels from your external aerial, especially given the channel number that you say it is defaulting to.  Using your Samsung TV remote find the button that allows you to switch the signal source. Select the source that your VM TV box is connected to, probably a HDMI one.

Once you have switched source to the VM box use the VM remote to access the cable channels.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Under the Tools menu, there is an option for Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) but when it looks for a device, it isn't finding one.

So it seems my VM box is not connected to the TV?

The VM box (or what I assume IS the VM box) doesn't seem to have only 1 buttons to press, and a constant red light shows (so it must be switched on?).

Maybe I need to get someone in?!?    😞

Thank you - I am learning a lot.

My TV was set up by my tenant 4 years ago - badly, it seems!!!  I didn't take the time to understand what he was doing.

B

It also seems that I have been paying for VM TV for 4  years, but not getting the service?

That's annoying.

I have gone through the VM process for pairing the remote to the box, which seems to have done what it is supposed to, but I still can not get the box to be acknowledged under the Source option - the HDMI-CEC button - still says No Device Found.

And I don't seem to be able to get to actually speak to anyone at VM - so so so frustrating.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @baradavies,

Welcome to the community page, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for any issues with your Mix TV package.

I located your account, I have checked and it should be channel 165. Are there any other channels that are not working?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi

Thank you for replying.  I have tried Channel 165 but it is not recognised by my TV.  My issue now seems to be that my VM box is not connecting to my Samsung Smart TV, and I am using my Samsung Remote, when I should be using the VM Remote.

The VM Remote has been re-set to connect to my VM box - which I did today, using instructions from a VM link that was sent to me - but the box is still not recognised by the TV.  It could be a setting needs to be adjusted - but I can't figure out how to do it.

When I go to Tools and HDMI-CEC option - it does not find a Device (ie it is not finding the VM Box) even tho I have re-set it today, and it is connecting to the VM Remote.

Incidentally, I suspect I have been paying for VM channels which I have never been receiving.

Do you have any further suggestions?  I would ideally like someone to come, to set the system up properly.

Can you confirm what happens when you go to channel 165, what error are you getting?

Can you confirm if the Virgin TV box is not connecting to your TV how you're able to check the channel?

Alex_Rm