Menu
Kars1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have error message v210 preventing use of many services on my TiVo box.

I called Virgin last Monday and despite saying they’d call me back within 48 hours they haven’t done so. I’ve tried rebooting and it doesn’t solve the problem. Any suggestions gratefully received. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I have error message v210 preventing use of many services on my TiVo box.

You've mentioned TiVo but posted in the V6 board - which is it? The 2 boxes do connect to the internet differently.

Check here if you're not sure.

In the meantime, have you followed all the advice in https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/v210 ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Kars1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks. I have two boxes, one a TiVo one a v6. The TiVo box is fine, it’s the v6 that has the error. I’ve tried following the advice in the link you sent me but sadly to no avail. Thanks anyway. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You can check your V6 has a working internet connection - follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and look in the top-right.

You can force a manual connection using "Connect to Virgin Media services now" on the same page.

If these don't resolve, you'll need to follow the advice on the final page of that advice walkthrough - and call into VM.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Kars1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tried that. Seems to be connected to the internet but I’m still getting the error. I’ve just tried running network diagnostics though and that says “Port Configuration Test: Failed”. Maybe it’s something to do with that. Will try VM. Thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The port configuration test often gives inaccurate results or even fails, on perfectly working systems. Mine included.

0 Kudos