Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I Player keeps buffering

I am on 200 Mbit with a V 6 box. using on demand I player is constantly buffering. I have reset V6 box checked packet loss and speed to BBC.com with 200 Mbit speed with no packet loss. All other on demand channels seem ok, its just I player. I also get I player buffering on my computer that is hard wired to the router again no packet loss. Buffering is so bad almost impossible to watch.

Located in GU2 area.

Help or suggestions please.
Chrismm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: I Player keeps buffering

Update to problem, I have cleared out cache on the computer which helped. Changed from WEB browsers which cured the problem with buffering on the PC.

However the problem with V6 buffering on I player still remains.

chrismm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi chrismm, 

Thanks for your post, 

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble with the V6 box, 

Can you confirm if you're box is connected to the hub via Ethernet or WiFi?

At the moment the box is showing an unreachable, I appreciate you've rebooted already. But if you can please reboot the box again and have it switched on so we can run through a few more checks?

Thank you,

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex_Rm.

I was connected via ethernet cable, now disconnected and reconnected via WIFI (good signal strength) to see if it improves on I player-there is less buffering but not great. Also I have noticed that when connecting to the V6 using Virgin media connect app it can take up to 5 minutes to connect, using WIFI or ethernet is this related?

I have left connected on WIFI and rebooted the V6 as this seems the best performance ,ie less buffering on I player.

Chrismm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for doing that chrismm, 

I've been able to run through diagnostics and it's advising that an engineer visit is required.

I'll pop you over a private message so I can get a few more details from you 🙂

Alex_Rm

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Update to I player buffering on V6 box. Virgin replaced isolator and splitter,also changed to different tap in green cabinet. Now seems ok no buffering.

Chrismm

0 Kudos