Menu
andrewchalkley
Joining in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

How to force V6 box to higher video settings?

Hi there, got a new Panasonic EX700B that refuses to play with our brand new V6!

Have tested the V6 to other TV's (all Panasonic) and it works a treat ... auto-sense's to 1080P no problem. But soon as I plug the HDMI into the 4k set, it goes black screen.

Have tried multiple new HDMI cables, new RJ45's and power source is same. VM have indeed swapped the V6 twice as we assumed it was the V6. 

When I run the settings page on the V6 I can see higher settings than the auto-sense 1080P. I'm wandering if I can option these and then connect the HDMI to the EX700B that it might work? Sound sensible or best avoided? If it's worth a go, any ideas how to make that setting?

Have logged issue with Panasonic who are looking at it as well. Set is a 4K one but no really running any 4K as such.

Appreciate any help I can get to get the V6 to O/P to the Pana. Bit lost right now. Cheers

0 Kudos
andrewchalkley
Joining in
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to force V6 box to higher video settings?

Just saw a similar post also for a Pana set but does not seem to be a solution ....

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/V6-connection-issue/td-p/3882607

Unlike this post I get zero O/P of any sort to the new set.

Thanks

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

After setting everything up - have you then tried rebooting the V6 to see if it connects afterwards?

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos
andrewchalkley
Joining in
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ozsat and apologies for the slow response.

Yes have been rebooting like mad. I think I've tried all sorts of connection/reboot options but as time goes on in a less structured way.

I think we can definitely say the V6 is fundamentally working, is fully updated and seems be very responsive. And it works a treat on HD sets ... the Pana CS600 is fine and the even older Pana DT30's are fine, is just the EX700B (4k) set new out the blocks this year.

That said, maybe there is a setting that lends itself better (on the V6) to working with the EX700B

Here is how the V6 is set right now ....P1290151JPG.jpg

There are no special settings optioned on the TV .... this is the CS600 set, the oilder one. Here is the new EX700B...P1290162JPG.jpg

And side by side ... same V6 box, cables etc etc ... when I connect the same O/P from the V6 we just get blank screen with the HDMI1 channel shown in the corner.

P1290158JPG.jpg 

P1290160JPG.jpg

And then reconnected to the older HD set.

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Try other HDMI inputs on your newer TV

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
0 Kudos
andrewchalkley
Joining in
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi there and thanks for the suggestion ....  yes I've worked through each of the three on the new set. I know on some sets the HDMI spec on each port can differ .... ARC, full HDMI spec, partial etc so I tried the lot. Unfortunately no change in behaviour.

On the old sets I only tried HDMI1 which worked fine.

On the new set there are two fairly basic settings which can be changed on the HDMI channels .... it allows to change to mode1 and mode2 which I read can make a difference. I have tried both. On the 3rd HDMI strangely there was no setting that could be changed.

Cheers

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Have you contacted Panny's UK support group to see if they know what is going on ?  I had a sound dropping issue on my new Sammy in the summer.  I was only finally resolved when the Samsung techie wrote some "new HDMI EDID script"  to the TV  over the internet.  Worth a try - or at least try the Panny forums ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
andrewchalkley
Joining in
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, yes I've logged it with them and sent a load of photos and summary data similar to that included in this post. In fact quite a bit more.

I don't know what level of support we can expect but they have responded and asked for more data so hopefully that's a positive way forward in parallel.

Thanks for the suggestion

0 Kudos
andrewchalkley
Joining in
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Also thinking on I posted on AV forum.

Sounds like you received good support from them in fairness. I hope to get the same. Cheers

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

@andrewchalkley wrote:

Sounds like you received good support from them in fairness. I hope to get the same. Cheers

Yes always got excellent support from Samsung UK and the forums are very active too.  Was one of the main reasons I stuck with a Samsung to replace the older/smaller one in my mancave.  I do however, prefer the picture quality on our Panny in the living room Smiley Happy

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos