Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How to delete programmes from the 'continue watching' on Virgin?

How on earth do you clear on-demand programmes from the “Continue Watching” feature on Virgin? Some programmes I imagine will just clear when they become unavailable, however some programmes appear to be available permanently on on-demand.

I have tried fast-forwarding to the end and watching the last few moments, as well as pressing clear on the remote but nothing. Do I need to sit there and watch the full programme?

DELETED ACCOUNT
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to delete programmes from the 'continue watching' on Virgin?

Hi heavens

Thanks for posting and apologies for the delayed reply.

Regarding this, do you mean on your series links and if so, have you selected recordings and On Demand for them?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am currently on the Tivo Home screen:

Catch Up > Continue Watching

On Demand > Continue Watching

I cannot seem to clear programmes from those two Continue Watching panels, even if I fast-forward the programmes to the end?

I am not talking about series links, only programmes from catch up and on demand services?

There are some programmes which are on-demand indefinitely and don't appear to be deleteable.

DELETED ACCOUNT
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good news, I have managed to find a fix for this.

What you need to do is go into catch-up and on-demand programmes and find programmes with no expiry date. What you need to do is watch one second of each to make your Continue Watching list incredibly long. I can't remember what programmes I managed to do this with, I think the likes of Channel 4 and Channel 5 have tons of those 999 emergency services programmes. Anything like that. Just watch a ton to make the list as long as possible.

A few days after making my list incredibly long it appears that all of the programmes that were on it (including the ones I used to make it long) had all wiped off and the list was empty. This appears to be the only fix available at the moment.

I still cannot believe that the Clear button doesn't work on the Continue Watching screen, absolutely bizarre and a very lazy bit of programming and engineering to say the least.

DELETED ACCOUNT
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I think Virgin's servers remember where you left off so you have the chance to continue watching from a specific point. On Demand content is streamed rather than stored on the Virgin box so can't be deleted as such.

I've noticed that programmes I watch tend to disappear after 2-3 days from the Continue Watching list.

0 Kudos