cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many viewers are VM allowed to broadcast BBC channels to?

adrianjacobs
Dialled in

When VM exceed their limit of simultaneous broadcasting of BBC channels, shouldn't they compensate those that can't receive those channels? 

I was out this morning so set my box to record the world cup final, on BBC1 HD. When I got home, the channel was "not authorised", presumably because too many viewers were already watching it. As soon as the match finished, the channel was OK. So I've missed the match. Compensation in order? 

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How many are they allowed to broadcast too? As many as have a box connected to the cable. They are broadcast channels, they are not internet provided, so there are no restrictions. It’s like saying you can’t get BBC1 on Freeview because there are too many TV aerials pointing at the local transmitter. The unsubscribed message could be the result of a signal issue at your property, but the first course of action is to reboot the box to refresh the tuners & the NIT table. Boxes, & occasionally individual TV tuners can lock up (I have had it happen in the past). It is a rare occurrence & nothing you can do about it. No, you won’t get compensation, which is only offered for total loss of Broadband &/or Phone for in excess of 48 hours continuously.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi adrianjacobs 

The world cup final is available to watch on iPlayer (254 minutes) which includes the pre and post match footage.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali