Menu
sarj82uk
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How can I temporarily block my Virgin box

Hi.

Im the bill payer for virgin at my house.  I had to move out 3 months ago due to a break up and I’m trying to get back into my house through the courts.  I am still paying for this service as I had hoped I would be back soon - while I’m out of the property my ex is still watching and enjoying all the channels from virgin and paying nothing towards the bill.

Rather than me cancelling this service (as I hope the courts will get me back in soon) is there a way I can temporarily deactivate the service or change the pin somehow my end as I can’t get near the box??

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can I temporarily block my Virgin box

Virgin would require documentation in respect to legal situation and as the matter has not been resolved by the courts, it is highly unlikely that they would get involved.
It is technically possible to change the PIN code for some channels or recordings that can be set to parental controls, but you would need access to the V6 box or have at some point set up the TVGO app.
Whilst it is annoying that you are the bill payer and are paying for something that you no longer get benefit from, it is perhaps something that you should discuss with you legal representative before undertaking any action.  You may be able to add the costs of the Virgin service to any legal settlement.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can I temporarily block my Virgin box

Hi Sarj82uk 

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear that you're having a tough time at the moment and that you've not been able to access the services you're paying for. We're not able to restrict services, however we are able to disconnect if you want to. Please keep us updated on what you'd like to do and we'll do our best to help 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hollie_B

0 Kudos