cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get youtube?

Peter2020
On our wavelength

No channel 198 and just get revolving loading circle when clicking on Youtube in ' search and discover'. I would like to stream Youtube from my Chromebook without chromecast. Any ideas? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, you won't lose any recorded programmes if you just restart your box.

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart my box, there's on-screen instructions as to what will happen, and a deliberate keystroke to avoid doing it accidentally.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Peter2020,

You tube hasn't been available via channel 198 for a while now. You will find it your apps folder.

The latest channel guide is available on  <<< this page >>> 

If your Chromebook has an HDMI port you should be able to connect it to your TV.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have issues with any other streaming apps? iPlayer or OnDemand is a good test of whether your box's internet connection is working.

If only one app is affected, and others are working ok, a box reboot is the obvious thing - Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Peter2020
On our wavelength

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I can get iPlayer and On demand with no problems. I try to get youtube from search and discover and click on youtube.I assume this is the app! If you reboot does this mean you will lose all your settings and also programs you have recorded?  Regarding streaming youtube from my Chromebook to my TV is there any way this can be done wirelessly? Thanks again, Peter

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I can get iPlayer and On demand with no problems. I try to get youtube from search and discover and click on youtube.I assume this is the app! I just get the buffering circle.If you reboot does this mean you will lose all your settings and also programs you have recorded?  Regarding streaming youtube from my Chromebook to my TV is there any way this can be done wirelessly? Thanks again, Peter

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, you won't lose any recorded programmes if you just restart your box.

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart my box, there's on-screen instructions as to what will happen, and a deliberate keystroke to avoid doing it accidentally.

Peter2020
On our wavelength

Hi, Have restarted as suggested and You tube has appeared. Great! Also by just using the Cast icon on my Chromebook I can now stream Youtube videos from the Chromebook to my TV. Thanks very much for your help - much appreciated! Best regards, Peter

Hi @Peter2020,

Thank you for your posts. I'm really sorry to hear you had a bit of trouble with your YouTube app.

However, I can see that our helpful forum members have been able to help you in getting this resolved.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with at all.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!