Menu
Dingledoodie
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hooking up old TiVo to the v6 box

Very annoyed. Nowhere in the "sell" to me, or in the advertising about accessing recordings on your old TiVo, was it made clear to me that I'd have to pay. I don't want Multi Room Access, I just want to be able to watch my old recordings in the same room!!!
0 Kudos
Dingledoodie
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Very annoyed. Nowhere in the "sell" to me, or in the advertising about accessing recordings on your old TiVo, was it made clear to me that I'd have to pay. I don't want Multi Room Access, I just want to be able to watch my old recordings in the same room!!!
Ijmcn
Tuning in
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I eventually spoke to someone in customer service who eventually agreed on the phone that the communication was misleading. However they could do nothing. I asked for it to be escalated but all they would do was send a letter saying I had complained so I could send it to the watch dog. The key point is all the documentation says is you can stream from your old box from “anywhere” if you use a powerline adapter. I pointed out that this was untrue if you had to subscribe to a multi box subscription as this would need an engineer to visit to fit a coax.. you can’t have it BOTH ways Virgin. They must have sent a signal to disable the network port on the old box but either the techs aren’t speaking up or customer services and marketing aren’t aware of what they are talking about. Worst case scenario they are milking this to upscale multiroom sunscriptions and this is what I have to believe in the abscence of any evidence to the contrary.
0 Kudos
Dingledoodie
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I've sorted the issue myself. I just hooked my old TiVo back up to the router and TV (wonder if router connection is even necessary) and have access to all my old recordings. Once watched, I'll chuck it in the bin. It would've been cool to have as extra storage but I'm not paying extra for it.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

you better be quick it will stop working when it can't renew the lease with VM. it will stop working

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dingledoodie
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

You were conned! I just hooked my old TiVo box up to the TV and have access to all my old recordings with no extra cost.
0 Kudos
Ijmcn
Tuning in
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

It is possible to hook up the old box on hdmi, and I am sure Virgin don’t point that out themselves. The point was about “streaming” over a powerline hub. This would mean the old box can be located “anywhere”..

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

also remember that when the box attempts to re authenticate it will fail and get stuck in its boot up loop. Its not going to work for ever

0 Kudos