cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with V6 settings

natsu
Joining in

Hi all,

I have a 4K TV and the HD channels were very poor wit the V6 box. I went into the settings and found that only 2160p was ticked in the video output settings.... The 1080 and 1080i options were not ticked. Is this right and how it should be left? I’m thinking this may be why the HD channels looks so poor perhaps?

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If 2160 only is selected, your V6 will upscale everything to 2160 regardless of source.

If you have 1080 & 2160 selected, your V6 will upscale any SD to 1080 and output that. Any UHD is outputted at 2160.

In the second scenario, any SD/HD input to your TV will be upscale by the TV to 2160. You may need to experiment to decide whether whether V6 or your TV is best at the 1080 > 2160 bit.

I'm not near my V6 to check what my video outputs are set to, but I seem to recall having both 1080 options (including the pass through) enabled.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

In a case like yours I recommend the following video settings:

•2160p
•2160p 24/25/30fps (pass-through)
•1080p 24/25/30fps (pass-through)
•1080i

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @natsu thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Have you followed the advice from our fantastic community members?  If so, how have things gone?

Regards

Lee_R