cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed - Non receipt of TV boxes

TheGazelle77
Tuning in

Help needed by someone please. The following has been posted across all social media streams with a hope someone can help.

I'm writing this on behalf of my parents and I honestly can't stress enough how bad your customer service is. I don't believe I have experienced customer service so bad.

I have re-contracted my parents into a new 18month contract and they have been promised 2 new TV boxes to be sent. We are 2 weeks down the line, boxes have been ordered twice and no tracking details have been provided on both occasions and equipment clearly has gone missing or never ordered correctly in the first place. I have raised a complaint, heard nothing back, I've emailed the CEO twice and had no response and I honestly believe the service you are providing is not acceptable and disgusting.

I've tried to contact Virgin several times yesterday and today with no success in gaining the information that I need. Not 1 agent has been helpful, they don't have the basic customer service skills or knowledge. They are in fact rude, clearly unaware of processes/procedures and have a lack of understanding of telecoms and how your systems work.

I need to speak to someone in regards to the complaint ASAP - this is totally unacceptable and Virgin should be ashamed of the service they are providing to customers.

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@TheGazelle77 wrote:

I have re-contracted my parents into a new 18month contract and they have been promised 2 new TV boxes to be sent.

What TV boxes do your parents currently have? And what have they ordered in replacement? Can you be specific about which boxes these are?

TiVo > V6? TiVo > 360? There are photos of the various boxes here if it helps.

@TheGazelle77 wrote:I need to speak to someone in regards to the complaint ASAP

Just to set some expectations here - if you want to speak to someone, you will have to call. This is an online forum, and responses (both from fellow users such as myself, and from VM staff) will be by responses on here (for general advice) and private messages once VM staff intervene and info is account-specific. There's a good chance that your situation can be resolved via this forum, but please don't expect someone to call you from here, that's not going to happen.

Are you posting from a forum account linked to the VM account in question? In other words, if the issue is with your parents' account - are you posting using their details or yours?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

They are awaiting receipt of the V6 box and mini wifi box. There have ben numerous calls to different contact numbers and we are getting no where. An engineer was promised to resolve, never appear and numerous orders placed yet no tracking details provided nor was the equipment received. Thanks in advance for any support received here. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @TheGazelle77 

You can't mix a V6 box with a minibox, they are both different platforms.

The V6 runs on Tivo, and the mini box runs on Horizon.

It sounds like theya re upgrading from the earlier TIVO box to the 360 box with an additional mini box.

They both need internet from VM to work, and if the original box is a TIVO it needs to be swapped out by an engineer.

If though it's a V6 box then they will be sent a new 360 remote control and the V6 box will receive an over the air update to make it a 360.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

TiVo & V6 run TiVo software, and cannot be mixed with any box running 360.

Ideally you'd have upgraded any TiVo to V6 and retained the hard drive - they can then be software-converted to 360 if you chose.

What's likely happened in your case, is any V6 is software-converted to 360, while TiVo's are box-swapped to minis.

You mentioned a "mini WiFi box", I don't know whether you mean a new broadband router or your multi-room TV box, but all VM TV boxes (whether TiVo, V6 or 360) require a physical co-ax connection for live TV channels. Only V6 & 360 need a separate Internet connection, which can be wired or wireless.

Many people assume a 360 multi-room mini-box runs on WiFi-alone, this is not the case.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

@TheGazelle77 wrote:

I have re-contracted my parents into a new 18month contract and they have been promised 2 new TV boxes to be sent. We are 2 weeks down the line, boxes have been ordered twice and no tracking details have been provided on both occasions and equipment clearly has gone missing or never ordered correctly in the first place. 

If you have upgraded to a 360 contract from 2 V6 boxes you will only receive 2 360 remotes as the 360 boxes will be software upgraded to 360. Your contract might say 2 V6 boxes removed and 2 360 boxes added because that's the way it work's as they just get the software upgrade.

If you haven't received at least 2 remotes then you really need to speak to someone and it sounds like you do need to call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone or 0345 4541111 from any other phone and speak to retensions that's the I am thinking of leaving option.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @TheGazelle77

Welcome back to the forums & thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have been having these issues with getting the TV box's upgraded. 

How are things currently looking? Have you managed to speak with any of our teams since this post? 

We can take a further look into things should you not have been able to. 

Please do let us know if you require further assistance.

Kind regards,

Zak_M