cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heads up: FOX will be gone as of the 30th of June

dante01
Well-informed

I'm not sure as to whether any of Virgin Media's customers are aware of this, but the Fox channel will be closing in the early hours of the morning of Thursday 1st July. This is as a result of Disney pulling the channel and moving most of its more popular content to their Disney+/Sar subscription based streaming service.

I note Virgin haven't really posted anything to inform its customers of this up until recently when a pop up has appeared when you switch to the Fox SD or the HD channel and Virgin are stiill promoting the channel as being included with its packages? I've known about this for nearly 2 months and I'd assume so have Virgin Media?

I don't suppose my monthly bill will be decreasing by any chance?

Anyway, I thought someone should post something about this.

21 REPLIES 21

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@nodrogd wrote:

They added GB News this month but I didn't see the price increase.

I think VM should be paying us to watch it wink.png

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

dante01
Well-informed

It's okay, they are going to replace Fox with the biscuit channel:

320d4719-5230-4b4e-8f29-51c131fa61e1_724068368.jpeg

JJones49
Tuning in

Now we have lost these channels are we going to get something else in their place or perhaps a reduced price?

You have GB News - what more could anyone ask for 😄

@JJones49 wrote:

Now we have lost these channels are we going to get something else in their place or perhaps a reduced price?

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JJones49 

I've moved your posts to another thread where the same thing is being discussed, and your question has already been answered 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

My question has not been answered I have a lot of channels I don't watch, many years ago you used to be able to alter your selections that's gone out of the window if the service gets much worse then I will have to reconsider being with VM. We need to be treated better oh and you say about when we get extra channels not very often.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If anything, the opposite is true.

In the past, there were 3-4 tiers of TV service where you went from "basic Freeview", to two middle tiers and then "Full House" top-tier. The middle tiers gave you a selection of channels across different genres, but those selections were never up for personalisation.

Now you have two tiers - Mixit (basic, roughly equivalent to Freeview), and Maxit (the new name for Full House). All the individual channels are now grouped into "Personal picks" (see here ) where you can choose all the channels in a particular genre without being forced to choose others.

Some channels are exclusive to Full-House, but this mainly applies to Sky-HD ones. Perhaps it's time you do an audit of the channels you watch, and see whether a newer TV bundle would be more cost effective for your requirements.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Rubbish sorry to have to say that but the link you gave for personal picks well it still has FOX channels!! I shall have that one then fantasy as long as our money gets through it's F Y attitude. No point coming on here you say you don't work for VM but I bet you have the tattoo.

@ozsat wrote:

You have GB News - what more could anyone ask for ‌😄

A lobotomy?

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I will agree that VM are sluggish in updating their web content. The PDF channel guide always seems to be months behind.

However, cherry picking of channels has always been shied away from as far as broadcaster agreements go. The vast majority of bulk advertising is now sold by ad agencies based on customer “reach”, not the number of customers actually viewing. This pushes broadcasters to require their channels be put into bigger bundles, as bigger bundles = more reach, hence more advertising revenue.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993