cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handmaids Tale missing episodes from series link

Acklam
Joining in

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me with my problem.

I set up a series link for series 4 of the Handmaids Tale channel 4 on HD 141. I started to watch the first episode today to find episode 1 and 4 are missing from my recordings.

I cancelled the series link and redid it in the hope it would update but it hasn't and I still have 2 missing episodes.

Hoping anyone out there can explain how to get these back.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I vaguely recall there was an issue with the EPG (TV guide) metadata that potentially caused those recordings to fail.

You can't get them back now they've already been broadcast, however.....

Go into your Series Link, and change the "Get from" from "Recordings only" to "Recordings & streaming videos". If those episodes were within the last 30days and therefore in the CatchUp window, a shortcut to the OnDemand version should appear within your "My Shows".

It will act like a recording and look like a recording, but be a link to OnDemand for as long as that programme is available.

If that fails, you might find the All-4 branded app has the episode available, although that'll be a little fiddlier to locate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the advice.

I took a look but it's been over 30 days so no chance of getting them back.

I won't be saving up a series to binge watch again.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check the All-4 app via Home > Apps > All apps.

I'm not near my V6 to check, but all the series show as available on the website, and I know S1 was working via there a couple of weeks ago.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, 

My daughter had already pointed me in that direction, it's not the point though.

I along with everyone else pay for a service and it's disappointing when your not getting what you paid for. I also feel it's unfair when others have the same service as you and pay less especially those of us who have been virgin customers or even comcast customers back in the day from the very beginning. I guess that's gratitude for you. Loyalty counts for nothing.                

Hi Acklam,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear a few episodes of The Handmaids Tale didn't record. I can understand how frustrating this must have been for you however whilst we can't offer a 100% fault free service, we do promise to fix faults as quickly as possible. 

Based on what you've said, it sounds as though you left it over the 30 days before reporting this to us. If this has been reported after the first episode or even second, we would have been able to fix this in time. Hopefully you will be able to catch up on them through the All 4 app as suggested by our VIP japitts. 

In terms of the package price, from time to time, we have special offers and promotions to welcome new customers on board. When this offer ends, the package price will revert to the standard package price for the bundle. Although they may not always be available to existing customers, that doesn't mean that you miss out once you've joined us. We often have offers and special deals on our services, or one-off promotions to make sure you carry on getting the value you'd expect. 

We're always happy to review your package and cost to help find one that best suits your needs and budget - this doesn't always mean a downgrade! If you want to chat with us, please feel free to call on 150/03454541111 or pop us a text on 0753 305 1809.

Let us know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs