cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDCP handshake glitching

S80RDR
Joining in

Does anyone know a full proof way of solving this issue? In my case it's random glitching on the right side of the screen. I've change video output to all, which reduces the glitching but makes everything so slow. Have a new Samsung tv now, tried various hdmi cables but still can't eradicate this fully. This never used to be an issue so it's obviously an update on my v6 box that has given me this pain of a problem 

34 REPLIES 34

Cheers again Roger, both boxes are connected via ethernet and both on demands etc work fine just the boxed won't connect to one another now

Sorry, I should add I've also tested both ethernet lines and all 8 connections are fine.

Can you confirm that you are getting live TV channels (not free-to-air such as BBC, ITV and Channel 4) on the downstairs box? If not it's probably deactivated.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Yeah mate everything working. Maybe just been offline for too long. Hopefully get thru on the phone at some point. Thanks again 👍

Hi @S80RDR,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you here. On the back of your last post, can you clarify if everything is now working as it should or do you need further assistance?

If it's the latter, can you confirm that the affected boxes are both switched on so we can do some further checks?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Still get irregular glitching on upstairs box and both boxes don't communicate with each other now. I'll switch both boxes on right now 🙂

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for keeping us updated on this S80RDR. I've run some checks and can see there has been some issues with the signal levels that will likely require the attention of an engineer.

Please get back to me via PM (the purple envelope) and we'll be able to get that arranged for you.

Tom 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to me @S80RDR. I've booked a visit from an engineer and you will find confirmation of this via your online account (virg.in/myVM) you can also reschedule from there if needed as well.

Please keep us updated with how the visit goes, or let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Tom 

Thank you Tom, and I'll post an update later on tonight. 

Cheers

Evening Tom.

The two v6s are now connecting to each other, needed to reset both boxes at the exact same time and when they rebooted they hooked up.

The glitching is another matter ha, possibly the box is over heating but I've to try a few things first and go from there and let the engineer know how it is.

Thank again for arranging that tonight