cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDCP handshake glitching

S80RDR
Joining in

Does anyone know a full proof way of solving this issue? In my case it's random glitching on the right side of the screen. I've change video output to all, which reduces the glitching but makes everything so slow. Have a new Samsung tv now, tried various hdmi cables but still can't eradicate this fully. This never used to be an issue so it's obviously an update on my v6 box that has given me this pain of a problem 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @S80RDR,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you here. On the back of your last post, can you clarify if everything is now working as it should or do you need further assistance?

If it's the latter, can you confirm that the affected boxes are both switched on so we can do some further checks?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

34 REPLIES 34

ozsat
Superstar

There hasn't been a recent V6 software update.

HDCP problems are usually seen a a total screen and audio loss for a second or two - then all returns.

It may be a faulty box.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

Thanks for your reply. I'm now on my third box, first one no issue, but last two I get this problem although the messing about with the video output lessens it. Has done it with a philips and Samsung smart TV now

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried a different HDMI cable?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yeah mate sorry should have said, 3 or 4 different ones. Using the virgin stock one right now that came with the last replacement v6.

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

What's the model of your TV? And what video output setting do you have?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Samsung 43In UE43TU7020KXXU is my new TV, the old one was a Philips which had it even worse. Video output is set to all which makes everything slower but when actually watching the TV reduces the glitching 

So you have a 4K TV. Let's try a couple of experiments.

1. Set the video output to 1080i only (which makes the TV do all upscaling to 2160p)

2. Set the video output to 2160p only (which makes the V6 do all upscaling to 2160p)

Is there a difference when you view an HD channel such as BBC1 HD?

--

Thanks Roger, I've set it to 1080i and the results are positive so far but I've had false dawns like this before ha. I'll leave it like that till tomorrow and see how we go. Thanks once more 🙂

Let's know how it works out, then I can suggest some further video output settings which are suitable for your TV.

--