cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HD choppy sound

Arrowmunda
On our wavelength
Spoiler
Every HD channel, even if recorded, the audio is choppy, to the point it is unwatchable, pausing or turning over fixes the issue for a second or two or doesn't fix it at all, been going on for 2 years now, when I ring customer service they say they need to send a different signal to my box, seems to work for a few weeks, then back to choppy sound again. Have rang customer service 2 days ago and he said it is sorted now and I definitely won't get any problems now... Still choppy audio, I've changed the hdmi port, hdmi cable and reset everything. No idea what else I can do?
9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm quite surprised that anyone would have a fault for 2 years and not report it - but at least you're here now.

Do you have any issues with your TV picture breaking up and/or pixellating? That would be good evidence of a signal fault if you do.

Or is this just a sound problem? Does it affect - live TV? OnDemand? Recorded programmes?

How is your V6 connected for sound - are you just using an HDMI lead directly to your TV? Or do you have any optical connections and/or AV kit involved?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have reported it, 5th time now, picture is fine, recorded HD shows / channels, even the new spiderman film we bought 2 weeks ago from the virgin store, the audio was the same, it's not all the time but 60 to 70% of the time.

Picture is fine, just HD channels have an issue. I do have the audio connected from the TV to a sound bar via optical cables, however I get the same issue when the sound bar is disconnected (tv speakers)

I think a tech should be sent round with a replacement V6. He can also test the signal levels.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Hi @Arrowmunda,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you have been having ongoing issues with choppy sound as well as with HD channels. We can understand this is not ideal and we want to best help.

I have had a look at our systems and I can see you had a very recent update to your package. Just to confirm after this upgrade, are you still having the same issues? Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Arrowmunda
On our wavelength

Hi, yes still have ongoing issues regardless of package change.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I will send you a private message to confirm some details 🙂 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

That's great - thank you. 

I am going to arrange a technician come out to you - do any days/times work good for you? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Arrowmunda
On our wavelength

Thursday or Friday if possible any time

Hi @Arrowmunda,

Thank you for confirming, and apologies for the delayed response here.

A technician appointment has been booked, though I'm unable to confirm the date/time of the booking publicly for you. However, you can check and manage/reschedule the appointment if needed via your My Virgin Media online account.

Be sure to let us know how the visit goes.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!