cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HD channels pixelated

JackR1
Joining in

Hi, 

certain HD channels appear pixelated and unwatchable - but not all HD channels! 
the standard definition channels work fine for example sky sports main HD is pixelated but the sky sports main SD is fine. But sky sports football, golf ect in HD are fine. 

I’ve restarted and unplugged the box and all cables, as well as using an alternative new HD cable but have had no success annoyingly. 

this problems been going on for a little while now I just assumed it was pass and sort itself out eventually. 

any ideas/ help appreciated 

thanks, 

Jack

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @JackR1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your TV services at the moment.

I have checked this on our system and can see that there is an issue with the signal strength going to your TV box, this will need a technician visit to resolve the issues.

The appointment can be arranged  from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @JackR1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your TV services at the moment.

I have checked this on our system and can see that there is an issue with the signal strength going to your TV box, this will need a technician visit to resolve the issues.

The appointment can be arranged  from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Hi ,

im still yet to receive a message for the team regarding this issue? 

thanks jack 

Hi @JackR1, I'm really sorry that a follow-up PM hasn't been sent to you from my colleague.
Please don't worry though, as I'll send one literally a minute after this to you so I can try and pick this up.

Kindly expect this message to arrive shortly and respond when you can, and I'll help to get this sorted!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @JackR1, thanks for your confirmation of details requested via PM!

I've been able to book a technician in for you, so please expect a text message confirmation of the appointment to come through to you shortly.

You can also view your appointment date and time within your My Virgin Media app.

If the issue for the technicians apppointment is as a result of misuse, neglect, accidental or willful damage, or if the technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your personal equipment, you will be charged £25.
If the appointment is missed there is a £25 charge for a missed appointment.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance!

Many thanks

Tom_W