cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HD Skysports Bad Quality picture

Seals74
On our wavelength

Sky sports football picture quality on HD is absolutely terrible. What is going on? Rebooted the box and got a brand-new HDMI cable, had the engineer out and checked all the cables and signal coming in. Other channels are fine. It’s been like this for years. Why is this? Is it being sent at a lesser bandwidth from Sky itself??. It’s getting so bad I’m thinking of going over to Sky permanently. No proper answers are ever given.
Lots of people are complaining about it so why is nothing being done about it. 

38 REPLIES 38

Hi there @Seals74 I'm so sorry that you are still experiencing this issue. I can see that you haven't yet responded to my last message to you, if you are able to respond I'd b more than happy to keep looking into this for you, if you have lost the message let me know and I can resend no problem!

Hi @Kevus1976 I'm so sorry to hear you are also facing this issue, can I ask if you have been able to try the steps mentioned previously in this thread? 

Thanks very much.

Awful isn’t it. I watched the football yesterday. It was terribly grainy and fuzzy. There is nothing wrong with my connections but Virgin insist on sending another engineer out. 

Nope. All fine according to them. Moving to sky when contract expires their picture is so much better, even iPlayer is better than virgin 

Seals74
On our wavelength

Lots of people now saying the same thing now. Virgin haven’t acknowledge there’s a problem. I have a better picture on my free view Hd tv upstairs. 

We’ve all done the steps asked for. Problem persists. As you can see it’s not one person with this issue

Hi again, the problem is not in my house. Many people are saying the same thing about the quality of picture Have you noticed!? More and more. It’s not great.

The problem is bigger than you just doing checks in house. I don’t want an engineer around thanks, I can’t afford to hanging around at home all day and losing a days pay to be told everything is fine.

I think Virgin need to look into this matter on a bigger scale!

Thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Seals74,

Thank you for coming back to us. I understand that you've previously had a technician visit your property and you were advised that there is no issue. However, @Roger_Gooner is correct in the fact that this is our process and as we're unable to resolve this issue remotely, the next step is to sent out an engineer to look into this issue further.

This way we can run further checks and find what the cause of this issue is, as this should not be happening, and I apologise that you have not been receiving the best service on these channels.

As suggested previously, any similar issues would need a separate thread, so we can look into this on a case by case basis.

If you'd like to book in an appointment, please respond to my colleagues Private Message, where they can look into this issue further.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I've also got a similar issue with Skysports HD channels. I've got the latest 360 box and a 2020 LG 55" Oled. BT sports and Europsport in HD are fine, but the Sky sports channels are slightly blurry. They aren't pixelated, but just not sharp. I'm watching the NFL and when there are closeups it looks fine and sharp, but any wide shot's just look blurry, same with any football games.

Virgin will just do the normal checks. They do not seem to think it’s a problem. Lots of people are saying the same thing now. I’m convinced it’s the signal strength from what they receive from sky. A different bitrate/bandwidth?? I don’t know? Watching football is crap. Like you say, close ups seem fine but moving images like football are very blurry.

Sky Sports HD is fine for me, so nothing wrong with the transmissions from the central head end. When people have problems the cause is usually in the access network and a significant proportion are in customers' premises, e.g. poor cable connections or faulty equipment.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection