Menu
Woodford3
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Guide and on demand not working

I have been without the guide so cannot record or use on demand. Have called Sunday Monday and Tuesday spent around 3 hours holding and talking and received no help at all. I was told to get a Wi Fi booster when the hub is Anita foot from the tv and I have around 500mbs. No help at all from virgin. Can anyone here help? Does virgin look at this and get embarrassed by their complete abandonment of a loyal customer who has had cable since it first came to the Uk

can someone help before I am forced to go to Sky or BT?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Guide and on demand not working

Your V6 gets its internet connection from your home-hub, and from your post it sounds like this is over WiFi? I assume "the hub is Anita foot from the tv" is a typo somewhere, but if the hub is close to your V6, Ethernet cable will be preferable.

Regardless, the network connection screen will display your connection status including WiFi signal if appropriate. Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and check the top-right. What's reported?

If all appears in order and connected, you can try "Connect to Virgin Media services now" at the bottom, and wait perhaps 15-20minutes.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Woodford3

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post on our forums.

I have been able to locate your account and can see that you have spoken to the team and that connecting your box via WiFi has resolved the issues that you've been having. Is that correct from your side too?

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Woodford3
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes it took a week and a number of calls and complaints for someone to tell me what to do. Lost a number of programs I was to record. Got there in the end but it was extremely hard work and showed up that the tech people are not trained properly 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Woodford3 

Out of interest, and for the benefit of other users who might read this forum post seeking help, what was the fix?

There's a wealth of expertise on this forum - sometimes faults do need VM's intervention, many times a bit of help from the regulars on here can go a long way and avoid that support call.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Woodford3
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I had to take out the cable from the hub to the box and then connect to virgin and do this twice and it worked. For some reason the cable was causing an issue and doing it on wi fi worked 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Nice. Thanks for the update.

It might be worth checking on another working device, that the Ethernet cable isn't faulty. A cabled connection is preferable to a WiFi one whenever possible, although that's not to say WiFi shouldn't be fine if the signal's reliable enough.

0 Kudos
Woodford3
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tried a second cable and it was the same. They are sending a new cable but I think it may be the box 

0 Kudos