cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green screen

Coyote74
Joining in

Repeatedly getting green screen faults, and reboot cycles. Any way to get a replacement box without engineer visit?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Coyote74 wrote:

Repeatedly getting green screen faults, and reboot cycles.

What is this "green screen fault"? Can you explain the symptoms your box has?

If you report a fault and an engineer is booked, they can replace any equipment that is deemed faulty.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

A fault within the hard drive causes the box to go into a kind of safe mode. The screen goes green, and it informs you it is attempting a repair. From what I've read, its pretty fatal for the box in the end.

I had an engineer visit Tuesday the 08/03/22, and he confirmed fault with box and replaced. The new box ( less than 3 days later) has now developed the same fault

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You're right to think the "DVR has detected an error" is terminal, and yes - report the fault, tech visit is booked, and the V6 will be replaced.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Coyote74 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear that your hard drive on your set top box has gone. I am going to send you a private message to confirm some details.

Regards

Lee_R