cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green screen v6 box

Tracy78
Joining in

Green screen dvr problems detected, 3 hr fix ?? Got tv working but no tv guide , no recordings remote not working properly new batteries, got told an outage has caused this problem can anyone else help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Tracy78 

I'm afraid that's known as the green screen of death. It means your hard drive has failed and the box will need replacing. It's a wonder it's actually started working again at all.

If there's a current atrea issue/outage then that will cause additional issues as VM systems won't allow a box change/tech visit to be ordered until the area issue is resolved.

You can call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults) - Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Tracy78 

I'm afraid that's known as the green screen of death. It means your hard drive has failed and the box will need replacing. It's a wonder it's actually started working again at all.

If there's a current atrea issue/outage then that will cause additional issues as VM systems won't allow a box change/tech visit to be ordered until the area issue is resolved.

You can call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults) - Ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

They just keep saying the outage is causing the problem and won’t book a tech and then they just hang up really rude actually 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Tracy78, thanks for reaching out on our help forum and welcome to our community.

We're sorry to hear of the issues faced with your TV service and the overall experience.

Based on our checks there seems to be an area fault that is affecting your services currently including TV, a technician would not be of help in this case.

Network faults require our engineers who are already aware and working on the issue. This outage is currently estimated to end on March 3rd, at 14:15.

Please, visit our service status page here should you wish to get more updates on this area outage moving forwards.

We do believe once the problem has cleared you'll be able to watch TV as normal, however if the issue with the green screen persists do pop back here with a new message and let us know.

We'll be eager to assist and provide our full support with this.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs