cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green Screen

Cole2004
Joining in

My V6 box is displaying the green screen and I am unable to resolve this issue. I see from a number of posts this only fix is a replacement box but I unable to make contact with anyone to arrange for this to happen. Please can someone contact me / arrange for a replacement set top box.

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If, by green screen, you mean the "DVR has detected an error" message, then you're correct to believe this will end with your box being replaced.

Ordinarily, there's 2 ways to report faults, depending how urgent they are and how quickly you want a response:

1: Call in - 150 (from a VM phone) or 0345 4541111 (from another phone) and choose the "I have a fault" options

2: Wait on here for VM staff to respond, this can take a couple of days.

Out of interest, what's the issue you're having with calling in?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have called 150 from my Virgin Media phone but only get taken through the automated instructions. I just need to talk to someone to arrange for a replacement set top box.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ah-ha, that old favourite. The joys of VM's CS-IVR!

Once you've chosen the options for "I have a fault with my TV service", don't press any more buttons. The system will offer you to press an option for a link, and press an option to go online, don't press anything and just wait on the line.

The faults queue usually beckons.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Cole2004,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some ongoing issues with your TV box!

I'm glad to see that @japitts was able to provide you with some helpful information about how to get in touch with the team in regards to your TV error.

I was able to locate your account on our system and I can see that you have been in touch with us a few days ago. 

Can you keep us updated and let us know if this has resolved your issue?

We're more than happy to help further if you need it.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you - we have an engineer booked for tomorrow afternoon to hopefully resolve our issue

Hi Cole2004

Thanks for coming back to us. I can see from checking the system, the technician replaced the box. 

Has this sorted everything? Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill