cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green Screen

bobajob84
Dialled in

My virgin box got it's green screen of death earlier today, it rebooted after a few hours and repeated the green screen, the box was making a weird sound a few days ago, I thought maybe it was the hard drive but it continued to work until today.

I tried ringing but was told theres a fault in my area causing problems watching Celebrity Googlebox S3 E4 which makes total sense.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You're correct to call and report this, the green "DVR has detected an error" message does indeed mean hard drive failure and box replacement.

Were you told about the area fault by an agent, or the automated system? If an agent, did you query the relevance with them?

This can be escalated to VM forum staff for attention if necessary.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You're correct to call and report this, the green "DVR has detected an error" message does indeed mean hard drive failure and box replacement.

Were you told about the area fault by an agent, or the automated system? If an agent, did you query the relevance with them?

This can be escalated to VM forum staff for attention if necessary.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

An agent told me about it, I told them i'd seen the status page about that problem and that i doubted it would be anything todo with the current fault and that i'd already been on the forums and seen everyone saying it was a HardDrive problem and about the noise the box was making which seemed like she ignored.

I understand the agents follow a script but it can make you angry, I've just checked and the fault in the area is fixed and I obviously still have the green screen of death, no surprise there.

I'm getting a call back tomorrow (1st) at 1pm, I hope she listens.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi bobajob84,

Thanks for updating the thread to say the area fault has been fixed.

Hopefully the call back tomorrow will result in a replacement V6 being sent out.

However if this doesn't occur please report back and we will nudge your post for the attention of a member of the Forum Team to have a look.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @bobajob84,

Thanks for your recent post and I do apologise for the issue you're having at the moment with your V6.

I understand you are expecting a call from our agent later today, however, if you would like me to look into this now I am happy to do so.

I've been unable to locate your account using your forums details so will just send you a pm so I can get these from you and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @bobajob84,

Thanks for chatting with me via pm. As advised, I've been unable to contact the box in order to run further checks despite the box being switched on.

This is requiring a tech visit to look into and that's all booked in for you. You can check and change the date/time of this via your online My VM Account.

Your experience will also be fed back to the team dealing with your initial call yesterday. 

Keep us posted 🙂

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I have received my replacement box today and everything is back to normal, thank you for your help

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @bobajob84,

Thanks for dropping by with an update - so glad our engineer has been able to swap this out for you so quickly and things are now back on track. 

Let us know if there's anything we can assist you with in the future! 

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team