cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green Screen - DVR detected a serious problem

sumur21082
Joining in

Hi,

Our V6 box restarted earlier today while watching TV and keeps cycling through 'Welcome' , 'Starting Up' and 'Green Screen'.

Looking on this forum it suggests the HDD has failed and the box needs replacing.

I've phoned Virgin and after several attempts of the call handler trying to ping the box unsuccessfully, he promised an engineer would phone within the next 4 hours.

Still waiting for a call so hoping this forum can help in another way as we can't use our TV until this is fixed.

Thanks

Susan

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sumur21082 wrote:

I've phoned Virgin and after several attempts of the call handler trying to ping the box unsuccessfully, he promised an engineer would phone within the next 4 hours.

I suspect this was an excuse to get you off the phone, and as much as I'd love to proven wrong, I have some doubts that callback will happen.

If I were you I'd call back in - the correct response for a faults agent here, is to arrange a tech appointment. There's nothing a callback can do that they can't.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello sumur21082

Sorry to hear of both the TV set top box issues and the experience trying to get this resolved it's clearly not the level of service we aim to provide. We appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

We can see you have spoken to the team since posting and this has been discussed, were they able to help during the call? What was the outcome?

Rob