Menu
backtothefuture
Rising star
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Green Screen (But not error) when running manual update ??

On my V6 TiVo I have experienced something strange that I have never had before.

For the first time ever when I initiated a manual network update the screen turned green - showing a small circle going around.  It then eventually showed the usual text 'Preparing, Connecting, Getting Info', etc, but on a green screen.

Has anyone experienced this before ? - Is this a sign of something failing ?

When the update completed it went back to the usual Virgin colours.

(Screenshots attached)First Screen (After initiating update)First Screen (After initiating update)

Second Screen (After a few minutes)Second Screen (After a few minutes)

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green Screen (But not error) when running manual update ??

Hi backtothefuture,

A green screen usually means that your hard drive has failed. You need to contact the Faults team.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

When calling Faults you will go through a series of questions/tests, that probably won't resolve the problem, so call back around 10 minutes later and an agent should pick the phone up.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

backtothefuture
Rising star
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.  I've never heard of any other green screens before apart from the standard "The DVR has detected a serious problem" green screen.

Has anyone encountered this before ?

Is there a way to run a hard drive scan/check on the V6 TiVo ??

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@backtothefuture wrote:

Is there a way to run a hard drive scan/check on the V6 TiVo ??

Virgin faults staff can run certain checks, yes. I dare say there's some hidden engineering menus too, but that would rely on having the UI up and running I'd guess. Either call 150 or wait for forum staff to pick this thread up (which may take a few days)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I have very occasionally had wierd colours showing on some menus. Turned the V6 back into standby & out again & it fixes itself. May just be a one-off that won't happen again.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post and sorry for the delay in response.

We can see the Hub hasn't been reset properly in a while, are you able to run through a pin hole reset please?

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Rising star
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@Emily_G,

I've just done that as suggested, but is there any way to run a remote test on the hard disk of the V6 box please ? 

I'm also having issues with video freezing when playing back recorded programmes, although live is generally OK.  It was quite bad last night when watching a film.  It would freeze for for 5 seconds or more at a time.

Thanks

-

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming and sorry to hear of the V6 issues as well.

Have you already been through the below steps?

Home> Help&Settings> Settings> Network> Connect to Virgin Media Service Now

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Rising star
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@Emily_G - That is what the green screen photos were on my initial post.

Is it possible to run a hard drive diagnostic remotely from your side ???

-

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Sorry about that I didn't realise that was the screen as it is odd it being green. 

So I'll send out a replacement Tivo box for you now for this as it looks to be having an issue. Please let us know how this goes.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos